Welcome to Following the Whispers blog
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.
“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf
“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher
“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt
Thursday, May 5, 2011
Stylish Blogger Award
I am supposed to name seven things about myself and pass it along to a bunch of other bloggers. I am going to bend the rules a little and pass it along to five:
K.C. Woolf at http://thewomancondition.blogspot.com/
Joanne at http://joannedemaio.blogspot.com/
Tabitha Bird at http://tabithabird.blogspot.com/
Odie at http://odielangley.blogspot.com/
Mason at http://masoncanyon.blogspot.com/
And now for seven things you may not know about me:
1. I don't like green peppers or chile peppers and I live in the land of peppers ( New Mexico).
2. I grew up in New York City, moved to Portland, Oregon in 1984, and New Mexico in 1994.
3. I hate to cook.
4. There isn't an ethnic food I dislike (except Mexican food, but only cause it's filled with cheese and I can't eat cheese).
5. I love romantic comedies. Probably my all-time favorite is An Affair to Remember.
6. I am not political although I care deeply about our country.
7. I don't read the newspaper or watch the news anymore because I can't handle the negativity.
Now I'm off to notify my selectees. Thanks again to Julie, whom I recently met on the a-z challenge. She's a delightful blogger and one you should definitely take the time to visit.