Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Friday, June 17, 2011

I Got Plenty of Nothin'

I could throw something together for a post today, but I'm not going to. It would be a waste of your time and mine. My summer lethargy continues and I think it stems from putting everything else before writing. And why do I do that? Because the writing I am doing now is the hardest thing I've ever done. So, my dear friends, I am taking today off. Be well and have a great weekend. Hope to see you back here for Monday Musings.

Blessings,
Karen

15 comments:

welcome to my world of poetry said...

Hope you feel better soon,
See you Monday.

Yvonne.

Odie Langley said...

We can't have it on the ball every day so hopefully the break will do you good. Take care

Jennifer Shirk said...

Enjoy your break and weekend!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Now that gave me a laugh this morning!! Enjoy the day, Karen.

Lynn said...

You did still write something and thatbis an accomplishment! Have a good weekend.

Mason Canyon said...

Enjoy the day and have a great weekend.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress
Freelance Editing By Mason

Suze said...

Good morning, Karen.

Just wanted to mention I sent an email to your personal address on Monday or thereabouts. I think it might have been caught in a spam filter?

Lazy summer weekend in progress-- enjoy it. :)

Jules said...

Rest, write, chair dance a bit and have a great weekend. :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

L.G.Smith said...

Have a great weekend. ENJOY the writing.

Darlene said...

Enjoy your weekend!

Arlee Bird said...

Sometimes nothing is a lot. I think I kind of know how you feel. If I were a contortionist I'd kick myself in the butt.


Lee
Tossing It Out

Sharon Lippincott said...

What an example you set. When I don't feel like writing, I don't write. Love the candor.

K.C. Woolf said...

I recognise that: when I hit a rough patch in my writing, I tend to put it aside for a while.

Still, I think we're often too hard on ourselves for doing that. Usually there's a purpose: it means there are things our subconscious mind needs to figure out first, and when we get back to our writing, we're able to take it to the next level.

Claudia said...

Enjoy your weekend!

Karen Fisher-Alaniz said...

It's all about balance and knowing yourself. I could say, "Just sit your butt in the chair and write." But that may not be what you need. All I know is that for me, when a writing project has become overwhelming, and I can't seem to see straight, I do take a break from it. However, and this is a big however - I don't take a break from writing in general. I just switch it up enough to distract my little pea brain...lol. If I'm working on a nonfiction book, I might switch to a poem for children. If I'm writing a women's fiction novel, I might write a blog post or two. Whatever it is, it works for me. I hope you had a wonderful day off! ~K