Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Blog Tour/Stop Two: Writing and White Hair

Please join me over at Ann Best's blog, http://annbest-jen.blogspot.com/ the second stop on my blog book tour. Ann just published a memoir at 71 years old and it is getting rave reviews, which are well-deserved. I'm 62 and writing after a long career as a PR person. I'm talking about "Writing and White Hair," in case you want to know how it feels to finally do what you've always wanted to do.

Blessings,
Karen

11 comments:

Odie Langley said...

Well Karen I've heard that once you start doing what you love you stop working and start living. Congratulations.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen .. it's when the white starts again .. I begrudge the time! See you over at Ann's .. cheers Hilary

PS - both Memoirs will do so well .. I'm sure of it ..

Karen Walker said...

Odie, it's very true.
Hilary, thanks so much.
karen

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

And I was just there!

Karen Walker said...

Got it, Alex. Thank you!
Karen

welcome to my world of poetry said...

Just returned fron Ann's blog.
Excellent.

Yvonne.

Karen Walker said...

Thanks so much, Yvonne.
karen

Talli Roland said...

Headed over!

Michelle Fayard said...

A tribute from a gifted writer like you, Karen, is an excellent endorsement for Ann's book; I'm so glad to learn we feel the same way about her incredible writing and people skills. I'm also glad Ann's blog was part of your virtual tour for your new book Following the Whispers.

Welcome to Bird's-eye View; I'm greatly enjoyed reading your comment about the first of my two-part interview with Ann.

Michelle
http://michellefayard.blogspot.com

Ciara said...

Ann is a special lady. It's nice to meet you. I found you via Alex's blog. :)I'm a new follower.

Karen Walker said...

Michelle, thanks so much. It's so nice to connect with you.
Clara, thank you. I'll come find you as well.
Karen