Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Friday, July 22, 2011

Book Blog Tour/Last Stop: 10 Ways To Maintain Sanity While Writing

Alex Cavanaugh has what he calls a Ninja Army of 800+ followers. On his blog, http://alexjcavanaugh.blogspot.com/, you will find anything from movie reviews to techie stuff to support for other writers. He is wonderful and a great gift to bloggydom. He graciously said yes to hosting me for the last stop on my blog book tour. He had one caveat. I had to be funny. Well, that is not my strong suit, but I'm doing my best. Please stop over there, where I'm talking about "10 Ways to Maintain Sanity While Writing."

I would like to thank all my hosts:  Sylvia Ney, Diane Wolfe, Ann Best, Joanne DiMaio, Pk Herzo, Karen Gowen Jones, Jessica Bell, Elizabeth Craig, Mason Canyon, Arlee Bird, Helen Ginger, and Alex Cavanaugh for graciously helping me launch the e-book version of my memoir, "Following the Whispers."

Blessings,
Karen

15 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Thank you, Karen! And you were very funny. Gathering great comments even as I type this!

Rebecca Bany said...

Thanks for the info.
www.rebeccabany.com

Karen Walker said...

Alex, being called "funny" is definitely a new experience for me.
Rebecca, thanks for the comment and follow.
Karen

Suze said...

Alex and Karen-- the meeting of two wonderful blog presences!

Karen Walker said...

Thanks, Suze

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Hi Karen. I found you through Alex. I couldn't look at your following and NOT take you to 400. (I think I'm your 400th, though GFC is acting strange. I'll be back to make sure.)
Be well.

Karen Walker said...

OH my Gosh, thanks so much - I have to think of something to celebrate. But my follower thingie says 399. Take care.
Karen

Michelle Fayard said...

What an amusing and wise post, Karen. I’m just sad it’s the last day of your blog tour, as I’ve looked forward to reading your uplifting advice each day. Maybe Alex’s army could persuade you to do a comeback tour? :)

Jemi Fraser said...

It's been a wonderful tour Karen - well done!! :)

Karen Walker said...

Michelle, oh, I think Alex's army is quite happy with Alex's posts. He was gracious and kind to allow me there today.
Jemi, thank you so much for following along. It was fun!
Karen

Talli Roland said...

Karen, I really enjoyed your blog tour - it's difficult to write so many great posts, but somehow you managed to do it!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen .. looking forward to the read - what you've done is courageous telling your story .. but being able to write about your journey too - great .. and your book is on its way!

Cheers for now .. I'm off to join Alex' Ninjas ... Hilary

Donea Lee said...

I just read your top 10 sanity tips on Alex's blog and they were HILARIOUS!!! And you say you're not funny???? :) I thought they were wonderful!

Congrats on your book and your blog tour - so fantastic!! Happy Wednesday!

Gabrielle Evelyn said...

Dear,

I am so happy and excited to know the points.Cheers.

karen millen

Ed Pilolla said...

congratulations on the book. the tour is indeed seems fun.