Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Book Blog Tour/Stop 10: Writing Memoir versus Writing Fiction - Is There a Difference?

Helen Ginger, http://straightfromhel.blogspot.com/  is a freelance novel editor, with an informational and interactive blog for writers and a weekly e-newsletter that has been going out to subscribers around the globe for ten years.  I first met Helen when I joined Dani Greer's blog book tour class, back in 2009. Helen's blog is interesting and informative and very funny, especially her disclaimers when she writes book reviews.


Today, I'm guest posting over there on "Writing Memoir versus Writing Fiction - Is there a Difference? Please come by and say hello.


Blessings,
Karen

10 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I was just there!

Liz Fichera said...

oooh, great topic! I'm on my way.

Karen Walker said...

Thanks, Alex
Liz, hope you like it!
Karen

Suze said...

I've given thoughts to writing a comical memoir over fiction quite a bit ...

spirithawk said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Talli Roland said...

Headed over! I've really been enjoying your blog tour, Karen.

Karen Walker said...

Talli, Thanks so much
Karen

Beth said...

Going to check it out.

Michelle Fayard said...

Karen, you said it perfectly when you wrote that good memoirs read like novels. I’m so glad I’m not the only one who’s heard a voice asking me to tell her story.

As a former newspaper reporter, taking the leap over to fiction was challenging. I can’t imagine leaping yet again to reveal myself via a memoir—but then I never knew I’d be writing historical YAs. :)

I'm so glad you introduced me to Helen's blog.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen - just been over .. looking forward to the read of your book - Hilary