Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Book Blog Tour/Stop 6: The Liberating Effects of Writing Memoir

If you'd like to know how cathartic writing memoir was for me, check this out at: http://thealliterativeallomorph.blogspot.com/. If you don't already know Jessica Bell, you'll be happy you wandered over there. Jessica is a gifted writer and her blog always stimulates me.

Blessings,
Karen

10 comments:

Jessica Bell said...

BIG HUGS!

Richard said...

Your post on Jessica Bell's blog is a wonderful tribute to learning how to heal.

Manzanita said...

I read your book last week and left a comment on Amazon.com. I enjoyed it and I just gobbled it up. I bet it's difficult to relive some of the scenes as you type them. I'm so happy for you now that you found love and peace.
Have a joyous weekend.

Jules said...

Been there, read that! Just wanted you to know what a positive ray of light you shine. Sometimes the dark can merely highlight the light and good things happen.

Many good things my friend, that is what I wish for you. :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Karen Walker said...

Jess, hugs right back at ya - can't wait to do it in person in October!
Richard, thank you - that was my hope.
Manzanita, thank you so much - and yes, there were hours I sobbed on the floor while writing.
Jules, thank you - I love looking at things through your eyes.
Karen

Siv Maria said...

Waving****Stop the bus! I am so late today!

Michelle Fayard said...

What a powerful and inspiring post you wrote for Jessica's blog, Karen. My admiration for you grows with each stop of the tour. It is books like yours that are the true classics.

Michelle

P.S. I've left a response to your comment on my blog. :)

Karen Walker said...

Siv, oh, I so relate.
Michelle, thanks for these kind words. I'll hop back over.
Karen

Better is Possible said...

So glad you've found healing. I enjoyed your post on your blog tour. I look forward to reading your book.

Sharon - inspiring stories said...

I'm glad you had the opportunity to write and I'm sure many will be helped by your honesty. Glad I found you.