Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, July 18, 2011

Book Blog Tour/Stop 7: Finding Balance While Juggling Life

Today I am at awesome blogger and writer Elizabeth Spann Craig's blog, http://mysterywritingismurder.blogspot.com/ talking about "Finding Balance While Juggling Life." Elizabeth is one of the best things to have happened to me when I first published my memoir and started blogging. Not only is she a great cozy mystery writer, but she is a great friend to other writers as well. Please stop by and say hello to Elizabeth and me.

Blessings
Karen

10 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

Thanks so much for guesting for me today, Karen! I loved your post. :) Thanks so much for being my friend, too.

Cozy in Texas said...

I'll hop on over to Elizabeth's blog.
Ann

Better is Possible said...

Girl, you get around! Nice post!

Suze said...

I remember you mentioning how much you esteem Elizabeth.

Karen Walker said...

Elizabeth, it is such an honor to be on your blog - love and hugs,
CozyinTexas, thanks for "hopping."
Better is Possible, yeah, it sure is a whirlwind.
Suze, yes, Elizabeth is a great resource for writers
Karen

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen .. great - Elizabeth certainly has some wonderful advice .. and I know she's been so helpful to you .. see you both over there .. cheers Hilary

Michelle Fayard said...

Oh, wow, I didn't realize Elizabeth was the next stop on your blog tour. I'm heading over right now!

Michelle

P.S. I've left a response to your comment at http://michellefayard.blogspot.com/2011/07/50-pages-50-followersand-two-guest.html.

Karen Walker said...

Hilary and Michelle,
I love Elizabeth. Glad you guys are coming over.
Karen

Melissa Ann Goodwin said...

Hey Karen, I tweeted the link to your blog post about success, and then another one about your blog tour, and both got retweeted!

Jules said...

Very sound advice Karen! My juggling and balance got thrown out with the dish water this month. I did want to thank you for the kind comments though, you sure do brighten my day. :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow