Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, July 25, 2011

Monday Musings: Gratitude

I am filled with gratitude today.

To those who hosted me on their blogs:

Sylvia Ney/Writing in Wonderland
Diane Wolfe/Spunk on a Stick
Ann Best/Author
Joane Demaio/Whole Latte Life
Pk Herzo/Writer
Karen Gowen Jones/Author
Jessica Bell/Author
Elizabeth Spann Craig/Mystery Writing is Murder
Mason Canyon/Thoughts in Progress
Arlee Bird/Tossing it Out
Helen Ginger/Straightfromhel
Alex Cavanaugh/Author

You guys are all amazing and I thank you so much for helping me launch Following the Whispers as an e-book.

To everyone who made the effort to follow me as I whizzed around bloggydom--a heartfelt thanks.

To honor my writing buddies, I have added a new feature to my blog: My Fabulous Author Friends and Their Books. If you have a book out and I missed you, please email me and I'll be happy to add it to my page.  I copied this idea from Alex because I think it's something we all can do to help each other.

Today, I am musing about gratitude and how an attitude of gratitude evaporates any negativity
What are you musing about today?
Blessings,
Karen

17 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You are most welcome! And thanks for including my book on your list. I just thought it was a good way to show support for all of those who've supported me.

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

You're right. Gratitude is the perfect topic for today's (and any day's) musing. It's hard to be angry or down in the dumps when you're busy counting your blessings.

Jemi Fraser said...

Nice! There are so many amazing people in this online writing community! :)

Julie said...

I have a lot of catching up to do as I missed many of these blog stops! Congratulations on finishing up your tour and on the e-book launch.

Great post theme too. I'm feeling gratitude for the amazing blogging community today, and grateful that I have been able to become part of it.

Take care and have a good week, Karen!

L.G.Smith said...

Congrats on a great blog tour. I think I caught most of them, and appreciated that each one was individualized. Well done.

Manzanita said...

You completed a grand blog tour. I'm musing on you musing on gratitude today. A fine Monday topic and for every day of the week.
Good luck on the sale of many, many books.
Manzanita@Wannabuyaduck

Suze said...

You are such a good-hearted person, my sweet Karen.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Glad it was such a success, Karen.

Karen Walker said...

Alex, it is a great way to show support!
Susan, yes, I need to remember to feel gratitude each day, not just today.
Jemi, amen!
Julie, that gives me an idea - I think I'll put them on a separate tab at the top of the blog. Thanks, and you take care, too
L.G. Thank you for those kind words.
Manzanita, you're a sweetheart-thanks
Suze, well, aw, thanks
Diane, without you, it never would have happened. A bit part of my gratitude goes to you.
Karen

Christine Rains said...

Congratulations on your blog tour!

Claudia Moser said...

Congratulations I believe it was a success! What am I musing about? Not so happy thoughts, business trip starting tomorrow, 3 days away from home :(

Karen Walker said...

Christine, thank you so much.
Claudia, oh, that's hard. Hope it goes well.
Karen

Darlene said...

Congratulations on the launch of your book!!

Jules said...

I musing about getting back here with some frequency. 1 more week, 1 more week. :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen .. I think that's an excellent idea .. good for you - and your blog tour has been great fun.

Cheers - happy week .. Hilary

Gabrielle Evelyn said...

Dear,

Let's keep the feel of gratitude everyday.

karen millen

learn chinese said...

i agree with you, You are most welcome! And thanks for including my book on your list. I just thought it was a good way to show support for all of those who've supported me.