Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Friday, August 5, 2011

Blogcation

Hubs and I are off to Estes National Park in Colorado for a family reunion. I am going to remain unplugged during that time in exchange for some good family time and perhaps some quality writing time as well.

Wish you all well and will be back here on Monday, Tuesday, August 19. Till then,

Blessings,
Karen

23 comments:

Manzanita said...

Wahoo Have a kick-back ole Colorado time and enjoy the family.
Manzanita@Wannabuyaduck

Odie Langley said...

Have a wonderful time with family and we will be waiting for you when you return all refreshed and renewed.

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Sometimes we have to get away from all the electronic ties. Enjoy! I hope you have a wonderful time.

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

Have a happy break, Karen!

welcome to my world of poetry said...

Have a lovely time and take care.

Yvonne.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Safe travels and just enjoy yourself!

L.G.Smith said...

Have a great time. I was up there a few days ago and it was gorgeous. Temps in the upper 70's.

Wave as you go by. I live just down the hill from there in Longmont. :)

Suze said...

I found out I was pregnant with my daughter at Estes National Park. My husband and I were traveling to celebrate our first anniversary and I just felt like I was pregnant. I took a test and sure enough! She was born eight months, later.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

The scenery will be so beautiful! Have a wonderful time.

K.C. Woolf said...

Enjoy! :-)

Pearson Report said...

Clever girl...put "you" right up front and treat yourself to some wonderful, relaxing, tranquil days away from...here... (can you believe I couldn't come up with a witty sounding name for "here"...I'm losing my touch.

I look forward to your return and reading all about how great it was to be unplugged!

Hugs, Jenny

Claudia Moser said...

Enjoy your time and happy happy moments!

Talli Roland said...

Have a fantastic time, Karen!

Michelle Fayard said...

I hope you have a wonderful and inspirational time, Karen.

Glynis said...

Have a fun time! x

Lola X said...

Great blog!!!!! Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lola x
http://lola-x.blogspot.com

Julie said...

Have a wonderful time, Karen!!!

Jules said...

Safe travels and do enjoy your family. See you when you return. :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Arlee Bird said...

Have a great vacation! Rocky Mountains sounds great.


Lee
Tossing It Out

Liz Fichera said...

Have a wonderful time!

P.S. The book arrived. Thank you! Look forward to reading.

Siv Maria said...

Have fun on your Blogcation :)

Better is Possible said...

Happy blogcation to you!

plastic cards said...

so funny blog, keep share with us, thanks