Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here on Monday and Tuesday. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair.

"ONLY ONE THING IS MORE FRIGHTENING THAN SPEAKING YOUR TRUTH, AND THAT IS NOT SPEAKING IT." Naomi Wolf

"We are called human beings, not human doings."
Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

"The way to do is to be."
Laotzu

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs..(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly."
Theodore Roosevelt


Thursday, August 25, 2011

Insecure Writer's Support Group

The intrepid Alex Cavanaugh has come up with a brilliant idea - forming an Insecure Writer's Support Group. Once a month, we all get to write about our insecurities around writing, publishing, marketing ourselves, whatever. But we will also find support around these insecurities by also sharing what has worked for us as we move through our writing world. So, thank you, Alex, for your creativity and your willingness to help so many others on this difficult journey called writing.

Blessings,
Karen

16 comments:

Isis Rushdan said...

Isn't this a brilliant idea? Many thanks to Alex for thinking of it. WTG, Karen for spreading the word.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Thanks so much for mention this, Karen! I really hope it helps a lot of writers.

Glynis said...

I must have been without power when that idea was around. I appear to have missed it! What a good idea.

KarenG said...

Looking forward to it! It will be a nice change around from the usual blog fest.

Nancy said...

What a great idea! Thanks for spreading the word.

Melissa Sarno said...

Sounds very interesting. I will have to check that out.

welcome to my world of poetry said...

I think it's a wonderful idea.

Yvonne.

Mary Aalgaard, Play off the Page said...

Looks like I qualify, so I'm in!

Suze said...

Alex holds the blogosphere together for a lot of people!

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

Thanks for letting me know it's up and running, Karen! Last I heard he was still working out the details. Love this idea.

Karen Walker said...

Isis, yes, Alex is the man!
Alex, my pleasure.
Glynis, it's brand new - you didn't miss it
KarenG, I agree
Nancy, you're welcome
Melissa, it will be interesting to see what everyone shares, won't it?
Yvonne, me, too
Mary, unfortunately, so do I
Suze, yup, he sure does
Elizabeth, I think it's a fab idea and one that will help a lot, especially if folks are honest about what they go through
Karen

Dafeenah said...

I'm super excited about this, I just hope I remember the right day!!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I signed up yesterday!

Jules said...

He truly is Captain Ninja!! Such a great and idea and dude. :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Michelle Fayard said...

Alex truly is a ninja--and an all-around great person on top of it. All this, and a kicking author too!

Anonymous said...

I think you may want to put a facebook icon to your blog. I just bookmarked the site, although I had to do this manually. Simply my suggestion.

My blog:
rachat credit endettement www.rachatdecredit.net


View My Stats