Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Telling the truth Tuesday: At long last - Sugartime


Many of you asked to see and hear Sugartime. It is so hard to post this because nothing seems good enough  - but I've learned there's no such thing as perfect. So here we are, at a house concert back in May, singing for friends and family, which is much harder than for strangers, let me tell you. Please enjoy "the sweet sounds of Sugartime."


Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXpLxxQ_Xfg


With many blessings,
karen

28 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

It might be my Facebook settings, but I couldn't pull up the link! :( Others might not have a problem, though. Hope it'll work for me later, because I'd love to watch it!

Jules said...

I guess what Elizabeth is trying to say is, "We have to be friends first." Try YouTube Karen. :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Richard said...

Facebook said the video is unavailable.

welcome to my world of poetry said...

I saw it once, then went back to watch it again and nothing,

Yvonne.

Karen Walker said...

Oy vay! - I'll try to fix it, so sorry - I'm a techie idjiot.
karen

Talli Roland said...

Oh fantastic! I'm headed over - maybe it works now.

Karen Walker said...

Does the link not work that is here on the blog? I'm about ready to give up!
Karen

Mary Aalgaard said...

Maybe Youtube will work better. Would love to hear you sing!

Karen Walker said...

I'd have to do individual clips on you tube - I'll give it a shot.
karen

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Karen, I'm not on Facebook and it sent me to a page about the 1995 movie Sugartime.

Claudia Moser said...

Same as Alex! Can you try again?

Karen Walker said...

Okay, I think I got it now, through Youtube. Whew!
Karen

Claudia Moser said...

It is simply wonderful, you sound like you are having so much fun! Thank you for sharing!

Karen Walker said...

Oh gosh, it worked. Thanks, Claudia
Karen

Mason Canyon said...

The link worked for me. It was great. So glad to finally get to see and hear you in action. Wonderful.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress
Freelance Editing By Mason

GigglesandGuns said...

I didn't have a problem AND I loved it. <3

M Beth Vaughn

K.C. Woolf said...

Worked well here (via Youtube).

So great to see and hear you in action! :-) I admire your courage: performing for friends and family is the hardest thing!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi karen .. I'm listening to it now - on youtube (clicked from the post) I came back to post a comment .. it's wonderful - so glad we can see you.

No wonder you've got lots of bookings - such fun .. cheers Hilary

Sharon Lippincott said...

Glad I waited a day to view. It works perfectly and is so awesome! I'm so glad you posted this, because I had no idea this show was so utterly professional -- costumes, equipment, dancing. WOW! And what a chance to revisit the Days of Our Youth. You gals ROCK and roll.

Karen Walker said...

Mason, thanks for this
GigglesandGuns, so glad you enjoyed it!
KC, not sure we'll ever do a house concert again - I could barely breathe, let alone sing.
Hilary, wow
Sharon, it's a blast singing those songs from the 50s and 60s - I've never felt anything like it. Thank you!
Karen

Jules said...

YEEHAW! Now I'm going to be singing that song all day. It is one of my favorite movies you know.

BTW, not only did I enjoy it but I must say, "Girl you got swagger." I can tell you love to dance. :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Velvet Over Steel said...

I got it & Loved your performance!! I too will be singing that song all day.:-) Thanks for sharing and brightening my morning, Karen!!!

HUGS,
Coreen XO

Karen Walker said...

Jules, yeah, I do love to dance - glad it shows
Corren, thank you -
Karen

Kathi Oram Peterson said...

What fun! I love the song Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend. Great costumes!

Kathi

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

That was wonderful, Karen! You sing so well! And dance well, too! Love the dresses. So glad I got to see the video!

Karen Walker said...

Thanks Kathi and Elizabeth, for taking the time. Glad you enjoyed it.
karen

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Oh, how absolutely wonderful. Thanks so much for posting this for us. You guys look like you are having sooooo much fun. I hope you do some of the great WWII songs, like the Andrews Sisters, when you perform at the VA hospital.

Arlee Bird said...

Oh, what fun! Choreography and everything. Maybe you all should try out for America's Got Talent next year.


Lee
Tossing It Out