Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Friday, September 2, 2011

 I need to thank L.G. Smith, http://bardsandprophets.blogspot.com/ for passing on the 7 x 7 Link Award to me. It's a new one for me and as L.G. said, it is a great way of reflecting on some older posts by highlighting them in the following categories. I have to be truthful and say I didn't have the time or the energy to go back and search through all my previous posts to come up with these answers. It would have taken way too much time. 

Most Beautiful: I think the one that includes the essay I wrote called "My Father's Keeper," which illustrates how powerful healing can be. It is the first essay under the tab "Essays and Articles" found above.

Most Helpful: My guess would be the A-Z challenge posts, which focused on slogans and sayings that have helped me heal. There is a new tab above that includes all of these blog entries.

Most Popular: the one that is getting favorable comments now is my thoughts on the 1960s.

Most Controversial: I haven't written a post that caused controversy---yet!

Most Surprisingly Successful: that would have the be the ones during the A-Z challenge.

Most Underrated: I've given up trying to figure out what is going to resonate with readers and what doesn't. I am almost always wrong. And sometimes what I consider to be a throw away post idea stimulates the most interesting conversations, so go figure.

Most Prideworthy: I rarely feel proud, so I can't answer this one.


Now, to pass the Link Award on to 7 deserving friends.

Liz Fichera: http://lizficherablog.blogspot.com/
Siv Maria: http://sivmaria.blogspot.com/
Yvonne Lewis: http://welcometomyworldofpoetry.blogspot.com/
Alex Cavanaugh: http://alexjcavanaugh.blogspot.com/

I'm going to break the rules now, because this is very time-consuming and only pass this along to 4 of you. Enjoy, everyone.
Karen


29 comments:

Talli Roland said...

Congrats, Karen! I look forward to that controversial post. :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations and oh no - I've been tagged! I'll do my best with it next Friday, thanks.

E. Arroyo said...

Congrats!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Congrats, Karen. I just hit my most popular post by hosting Talli, Matthew, and Alex.

L.G.Smith said...

Did I not warn you this award was a lot of work. No? My bad. :P

I love that you organized your posts and filed them under separate pages. Great idea. Much easier for people to find them. And isn't it funny how sometimes a quick post you come up with off the top of your head turns out to be very much on the minds of others as well?

Jules said...

Congrats Ms. Karen! I don't think I could pick a favorite of yours either, I like them all. :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Karen Walker said...

Talli, me, too - I am terrified of conflict
Alex, haha
E. Aroyo, thank you
Diane, way to go - have the most popular bloggers in bloggydom come visit
L.G., nope didn't warn me, but it's okay, really.
Jules, awww, you're so sweet.
Karen

Liz Fichera said...

Congrats on your award but I love all of your posts! :-) There is always something that provokes thought and reflection.

Thank you for passing it forward.

GigglesandGuns said...

Had to laugh when I read your comment about Underrated. Your thoughts are so true!

welcome to my world of poetry said...

Thank you Karen I feel honoured with the award. I will show it with pride.

Yvonne.

Arlee Bird said...

I was happy to see that the A to Z posts were so helpful to you. I can see how this post would have required a bit of research for you and time involved in providing links. But you did well.

Lee
Tossing It Out

Karen Walker said...

Liz, thanks, and you're welcome
GigglesandGuns, thanks
Yvonne, you deserve it
Lee, the A-Z challenge was awesome on so many levels. Thanks.
Karen

Claudia Moser said...

Congratulation on the award and I agree with you the A-Z Challenge was great, we had a chance to meet :)

Suz Korb said...

Congratulations, Karen! And thanks for stopping by my Bang Out the Prose blog. I've stopped by and followed yours from KarenG's BBQ blog post :)

Siv Maria said...

Happy smiles on your award and thanks for sharing it with me :)

Pk Hrezo said...

ooo... I have to go check out your 60s post ..... :)

Karen Walker said...

Claudia, ditto
Suz, thanks - so nice to "meet" you
Siv, you're welcome
Pk, hope you like it
karen

KarenG said...

Nice award and nice that you took the time to pass it along to these wonderful people! Hope you're enjoying the BBQ!

Carol Kilgore said...

Congratulations on the award! I know what you mean by knowing what is going to generate the most interest with readers. It's often those throw-away, off the cuff ones that do it.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen .. congratulations on the award .. selecting one's posts .. now that would be difficult ..

Good for you and hope you're enjoying the BBQ flavours around the blogosphere ..

Cheers - Happy Labour Day weekend .. Hilary

Karen Walker said...

Karen, the BBQ is fab - thanks for hosting.
Carol,it's a real mystery
Hilary, you, too - your comment to Susan is posted.
Karen

Carolyn V said...

Hey Karen. I'm over from the bbq. Congrats on your awesome awards!

Donna K. Weaver said...

Wander over for the BBQ.

I got that award, too, last week. It's a tough one, isn't it. But L.G.'s awesome, so she's got good taste in handing it off to you.

MaDonna Maurer said...

Just wandered over from the BBQ as well. I was reading your "Pink Ladies" article and it reminded me of my waitressing days back in my small hometown. I moved away years ago and now am a small town girl living in a large city.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Thanks Karen for posting to Susan for me .. cheers Hilary

Karen Walker said...

Carolyn, hi there - fun party, huh?
Hi Donna, thanks for stopping by - yes, L.G. is awesome.
MaDonna, wow, people actually read the other stuff on a blog? Cool. Nice to "meet" you.
Hilary, you are so welcome.
Karen

K.C. Woolf said...

You should probably ask us, your readers, what your most prideworthy post is. Then again: there are so many I wouldn't know which one to choose! :)

Karen Walker said...

K.C., aw, thanks so much.
Karen

Bookblogger said...

Hi Karen,

Thanks for visiting as part my blog for the BBQ. I'll be sure to take a look at your book when I have a little more free time!

Scott