Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, September 19, 2011

Monday Musings - Sugartime whirlwind

Whew! 5 gigs in 4 days, including the State Fair. I'm exhausted, but ecstatic. There is nothing like seeing older folks who sort of begin to "disappear" a little with age, ignite and come alive for a moment while listening to music. This week hubby and I are preparing for our trip to Greece and Turkey. When I did a bucket list last New Year's, these two places appeared - so I feel I am meant to go there. I am not going to connect to the internet while traveling this time. Huge challenge for me. But I truly want to be present in each place I visit in each and every moment. The internet connects me to home and I am leaving home.
Any thoughts on this...what are you musing about today?

Blessings,
Karen

11 comments:

welcome to my world of poetry said...

Pleased all went well.

Have a pleasant day.
Yvonne.

Bish Denham said...

Travel time is your time. You can share with the rest of us later. Have a wonderful trip!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

You are going to have so much fun, Karen!

Joanne said...

What a beautiful journey, I'd unplug too and enjoy every moment of it!

Karen Walker said...

Yvonne, you, too
Bish, thanks so much
Diane, that's the plan!
JOanne, I am so looking forward to the journey
Karen

Carol Kilgore said...

Good for you to totally BE during your trip. Great places to visit, too. Enjoy!

Lynn said...

I would do the same...unplug to be completely in the moment. Have a wonderful time!!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen .. fantastic your Sugartime sessions went so well .. it's great making people happy isn't it ..

Enjoy the holiday and see Greece and Turkey - such fun .. bring back lots of photos ..

I'll be thinking of you and wishing I was there too!! Cheers Hilary

Lola X said...

Such a great post! Love visiting your blog!

Lola x
http://lola-x.blogspot.com

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Karen, you just go and have an awesome time!

Suze said...

'There is nothing like seeing older folks who sort of begin to "disappear" a little with age, ignite and come alive for a moment while listening to music.'

That was beautifully-expressed.