Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Friday, September 23, 2011

On Blogcation

Hello everyone,
Thanks for stopping by. I am not  blogging for the next three weeks and will return somewhere around 10/19. Please come back then to visit. I'd love to chat. In the meantime, I will leave you with these thoughts.

  • Life is short, so live each day to its fullest
  • Find your passions and pursue them - it brings inexplicable joy
  • It's never too late to live your dreams - I learned guitar at 50, graduated college at 54, and am performing in my 60s. Just go for it....
  • Be kind to one another
  • Get enough sleep - it really really really makes a difference
  • Take a deep breathe. Take another one. And another. Ah, yeah.......

Blessings,
Karen

11 comments:

Ellen Brickley said...

Thank you for those thoughts, Karen, we'll be thinking of you while you're on the road!

Enjoy your trip.

Claudia Moser said...

Enjoy your time!

Tabitha Bird said...

I will miss you :)
X

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Karen, have an awesome time!

Joanne said...

Enjoy your amazing trip ...

L. Diane Wolfe said...

You are going to have the time of your life!

Julie said...

Enjoy your trip and have a fabulous time! Take care and see you when you get back. :)

Mason Canyon said...

Enjoy your time away. Very inspiring thoughts for us, thanks. Be safe and have fun.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress
Freelance Editing By Mason

K.C. Woolf said...

We'll be here when you get back. :-)

Have a great time, and thanks for the inspiration. It's very timely as I've just decided to make a big change in my career, and it's very much in tune with what you wrote.

Nancy LaTurner said...

Bon Voyage! I know you'll take great photos. And write in your journal every day. And listen to the whispers.

Siobhan said...

Just popping by on your blog. I'm doing the blog Alex's blog hop. Check out my blog if you would like. Cheers.