Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Sugartime at the NM State Fair

Hi everyone,
Hubby took just snippets of our songs at the State Fair - for anyone interested, here we are:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=2007860355673

Have a great day.
Blessings,
karen

13 comments:

Carolyn V said...

A writer AND a singer?! That's just awesome. ;)

Ann said...

Writer, singer and dancer!!!! Wonderful Karen. Couldn't leave a comment on facebook...somehow missed you as a friend there!

Claudia Moser said...

Simply love it!

Karen Walker said...

Carolyn, I have trouble classifying myself as either, frankly - just love both!
Ann, we'll have to fix that!
Claudia, thank you!
Karen

Dafeenah said...

Wow very cool. I had no idea you did this too!! What other secret talents are you hiding?

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I tried to watch it, but I'm not a member of Facebook!

Ann Best said...

Jen and I just listened to it. You're good! Jen was drawn to it. She likes that kind of music.
Ann Best, Author of In the Mirror, A Memoir of Shattered Secrets

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Karen, that was wonderful! The second song made me long for NM.

Helen Ginger said...

That was wonderful, Karen! Such fun to watch and listen. I hope you had as much fun as I did watching the video.

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Wonderful! You ladies look like you're having waaaaay too much fun.

Karen Walker said...

Dafeenah, no other hidden talents that I'm aware of.
Alex, I'm sorry. I'll try to get it on Youtube
Ann, oh that's so nice, thank you
Diane, you have to come for a visit,then
Helen, it was a blast!
Susan,I know,it's way too much fun!
Karen

Pk Hrezo said...

How fun, Karen! Thanks for sharing it... you look great up there!

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

Love the video! Wish I were that coordinated and graceful! Love the costumes, too...y'all look great and sound wonderful.