Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Writer's Chat Room

I've been invited to do something very very cool. This Sunday evening, 7 pm EST, 5 pm Mountain time, I will be the guest at The Writer's Chatroom - an online question and answer discussion featuring different authors each week. This week is tis moi. Here is the link:

http://www.writerschatroom.com/Enter.htm

I just had my first lesson in participating in a chat room. It looks like fun. Please join Lisa Haselton and me and others from around the world, I understand, to talk about writing, publishing, etc.

Blessings,
Karen

25 comments:

Talli Roland said...

That does sound really fun, Karen! Have a great time!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen .. I agree with Talli - enjoy the experience .. should be so interesting. Cheers Hilary

Donna said...

Count me in. I'll stop by to check it out.

Claudia Moser said...

Super nice, maybe I'll drop by and read a bit! Thanks!

Odie Langley said...

I am sure you will have lots of fun and share your knowledge.

welcome to my world of poetry said...

Have a good time and enjoy yourself.

Yvonne.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's cool! Writing it down so I remember...

Stephen Tremp said...

Good luck to you. Have you tried Blog Radio? I did that once. It was a lot of fun. It forced me to really take the time to review my material and my goals and strategies as I did not want to sound like a buffoon tot he audience.

Karen Walker said...

Talli, it does, doesn't it?
Hilary, that's the plan!
Donna, awesome
Claudia, that would be lovely
Odie, such that it is, yes
Yvonne, thanks
Alex, it would be cool to see you there
Stephen, don't think that would be possible
Karen

K.C. Woolf said...

That sounds great. :-)

7pm EST is 2am here, so I'm probably not going to be able to make it to cheer you on - or ask trick questions }:-) but I'll be with you in spirit! :-)

Carolyn V said...

I''m just getting around from Karen's bbq. Congrats on the chat, I'll have to put it on my calendar! =D

Jemi Fraser said...

Sounds like fun! I hope to be there (as long as my crazy life doesn't get in the way!) :)

Tabitha Bird said...

how cool. I hope it went well for you.

Siv Maria said...

checking it out :)

Better is Possible said...

What a wonderful opportunity. Congratulations! You have much to offer writers.

Karen Walker said...

KC, where are you?
Carolyn, cool!
Jemi, no worries
Tab, didn't happen yet - it's this coming Sunday
Siv, thanks
Betterispossible, thank you - hope so
Karen

The Old Silly said...

That sounds like great fun, Karen! I'll be traveling this Sunday eve, so can't join you, but please do a follow up post, tell us all about it?

Hugs,
Marvin D Wilson

Jennifer Shirk said...

Oh, cool!! I hope to stop by.
Hope it goes well!

Carol Kilgore said...

Sweet! Have fun.

Karen Walker said...

Hi Old Silly, nice to see you here - miss you around bloggydom
Jennifer, yeah it is cool
Carol,thanks
Karen

Enid Wilson said...

Good luck Karen and share with us your experience. And I like your new avator.

Every Savage Can Reproduce

Karen Walker said...

Enid, thanks, I will
karen

Manzanita said...

That will be a neat experience. I'll check in. Glad you translated it to mountain time. I always have to stop and think and thinking gets me in trouble. HA
Manzanita@Wannabuyaduck

Karen Walker said...

Me, too, Manzanita.
Karen

Lynda R Young said...

Hope you have a great time