Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, December 12, 2011

Monday Musings - dancing again!

Just had to share this photo, taken by a folk dancing friend, Simona. It's the ending to a favorite Israeli dance called Shir and it symbolizes pure joy!

What brings you pure, unadulterated joy?

Blessings,

Karen

18 comments:

Jules said...

And it looks like pure joy, nice to see you dancing again. Pure joy... a warm bed and no phone calls. :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Jennifer Shirk said...

Fun!! I LOVE to dance and sometimes just listening to music brings me joy!

Liz Fichera said...

I hope the happiness in that photo. It truly shows pure joy.

For me, I think I get my pure joy when I laugh. Stuff that makes me laugh gives me great pleasure. Normally my husband, dad, and brother can get me howling. :-)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Look at you, tiny dancer!
Joy is time with my wife and playing the guitar.

GigglesandGuns said...

Oh yeah, I could hurt myself with this one but the giggles would be worth it :0)

Playing with small children on their level.

Karen Walker said...

Jules, that sounds yummy right about now.
Jennifer, music always does it for me as well
Liz, laughter is so key to a happy life
Alex, would love to hear you play some time
GigglesandGuns, yes, small children do bring joy, don't they?
Karen

L.G.Smith said...

Right now I'm taking extreme joy in planning my vacation to the UK. I sometimes wonder if I like the anticipation better than the travel. Maybe not. Can't wait to go. :)

Melissa Sarno said...

Love this :) That is what pure joy looks like.

Karen Walker said...

L.G., I agree. Planning the trips is so much fun!
Melissa, yeah, that's what I thought.
Karen

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I'm so happy you are dancing again.

Total joy? Riding a roller coaster. Nothing but a total rush and the opportunity to scream my head off.

Joanne said...

Is that you dancing? Beautiful!

For me, live concerts always bring pure joy. That, and being in THE writing groove :)

Karen Walker said...

Roller coasters terrify me, Diane. But it is a great rush.
Joanne, yup, that's me - thanks. And yes, the writing groove is pure joy
karen

Claudia Moser said...

When a child is happy :)

Carol Kilgore said...

I love dance. Looks like fun.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen .. finding your Mojo again .. that's fun - and wonderful the pic was taken for us to share ..

Thank you .. I just enjoy all the little things at the moment - my time will come again .. Have a wonderful build up to Christmas and the New Year - cheers Hilary

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

Love this picture, Karen! You look so happy. :)

welcome to my world of poetry said...

A wonderful happy photo. thanks for sharing.

Yvonne.

anthony stemke said...

Nice picture.
Joy to me is my spouse and listening to music.