Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Friday, January 27, 2012

Family matters

Hi everyone,

I want to thank everyone who commented on my Monday Musings post about blogging. Your comments were thoughtful and loving and helped me realize how much I truly enjoy being part of this community, so I am not giving it up any time soon. I just have to find balance, as with everything else in life.

Wishing you all a very wonderful weekend. I have two singing gigs, one today and one tomorrow, and then I must get ready for a trip back East next week - family matters. I won't have access to internet and will need my energy and attention focused elsewhere, so please keep me in your thoughts and prayers and I will connect when I return on February 6. Till then...
Blessings,
karen

26 comments:

Claudia Moser said...

Enjoy your gigs and safe travels!

Tonja said...

That's wonderful. Have a safe trip.

welcome to my world of poetry said...

Enjoy yourself and have a safe trip.

Yvonne.

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

Hope you have a happy weekend and best wishes for your trip to handle the family matters.

L.G.Smith said...

Have a great weekend and enjoy your singing gigs. I know that trip east with drain you some, but you're strong enough to handle it. :)

Laura Eno said...

Thanks for the giggle! I first read "two singing pigs".
Have a safe trip and a wonderful time!

Karen Walker said...

Claudia, thanks, that's the goal - enjoy!
Tonja, thank you
Yvonne, I appreciate your thoughts
Elizabeth, thanks so much
L.G. Yes, it will, but you're right!
Laura, LOL
Karen

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Will definitely keep you in my prayers, Karen!

~Sia McKye~ said...

Enjoy your gigs. Singing always helps me feel better. Maybe because I pour so much emotion into it.

Be thinking of you!

Safe journeys

Sia McKye OVER COFFEE

Jen Chandler said...

Enjoy your singing gigs and all the best for the trip back East.

Hugs and prayers,
Jen

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Best wishes on your singing, traveling, and visiting back east. Take care of yourself.

Julie said...

Hope you enjoy your gigs, and have a safe trip East. I hope the family matters will not be stressful. Take care, Karen!

Karen Walker said...

Alex, thank you very much
Sia, ain't that the truth - I am so drained after a performance
Jen, thank you
Susan and Julie, thank you so much
Karen

Tracy Jo said...

Travel safe and sending you positive vibes! :-)

Arlee Bird said...

I hope your trip goes well.

It may give you added time to put blogging and other life matter into perspective.


Lee
Wrote By Rote

Belle said...

I hope all goes well on your trip. God bless and yes, I will pray for you.

Mason Canyon said...

Have a safe trip. Will be sending positive thoughts your way.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Melissa Ann Goodwin said...

The lady sings too. Amazing!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen .. enjoy the gigs .. and hope the trip East goes off satisfactorily .. with thoughts - Hilary

Karen Walker said...

The gigs were fabulous, people. Just fabulous. I was so jazzed after Saturday's concert, my energy carried me to dinner and dancing till 10 pm. Today, Sunday, I'm getting ready for my trip. Be well, everyone and we'll talk when I get back home.
Thanks for all the love and support.
Blessings,
Karen

Glynis said...

Wishing you well, see you in February.

KarenG said...

Like you I often consider giving it up but I just can't because I enjoy it too much! I simply need to do better at the balancing act.

Carol Kilgore said...

Family first. See you when you return.

Mary Aalgaard, Play off the Page said...

I would miss your presence if you disappeared from the blogosphere. Your voice is honest and encouraging. Enjoy your singing gigs and time with family.

Ann Best said...

Glad you're staying in the blogosphere. Sometimes I slow down a lot here, but I don't want to disappear completely because there are so many friends I would miss.

Enjoy the gigs and your family. Will watch for your return!
Ann Best, Author of In the Mirror & Other Memoirs

Pearson Report said...

Hi Karen - I'm please to read you aren't going anywhere too soon! (other than back East for family matters).

I also wanted to say how happy I am to see your name on the list for this year's A to Z - I met you while doing last year's...and will now look forward to seeing what you have in store for us this year!

Happy Thoughts, Jenny @ Pearson Report
Co-Host of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge.