Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Friday, January 6, 2012

I wrote I wrote I wrote - yippee!

I have no post today other than to say that Wednesday was the first day I gave myself 10 minutes to work on my novel and I wrote I wrote I wrote. It was only a page, but it was the first time in two months I added something new to the manuscript. I am beyond happy. Now I just have to do the same 10 minutes each day. Woo! Hoo!
What are you whooping about today?

Blessings,
Karen

31 comments:

welcome to my world of poetry said...

Wonderful inspirational words from Steve Jobs.
Have a happy day.

Yvonne.

Tonja said...

I did the same thing and ended up writing a thousand words! Yay! I'm going to do it again today.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Good stuff, Karen!!!

Paul Anthony Shortt said...

That's great!

Jacqueline Howett said...

Thanks for the inspiration.


I think this must be the day for writing a bit.

A page is a good start!

DL Hammons said...

I'm whooping because I finally made some progress on my query letter. Congrats on your breakthrough!! :)

Siv Maria said...

Good on you! Thats the way to do it. No whooping for me today. I am excited though that the A-Z challenge is coming up. Hopefully my muse will return from vacation soon.

Suz Korb said...

Hooray! 10 minutes of writing is more than I've done all week.

Today I'm wooping about the fact that I got a 1 star review yesterday!

Talli Roland said...

Yay Karen! Whoop whoop indeed! :)

Karen Walker said...

Yvonne, yes, I'm putting them up somewhere I can see them every day to remind me.
Tonja, awesome
Alex, thank you!
Paul, yeah
Jacqueline, you're welcome
DL, that's terrific
Siv, oh, I hope so, maybe before April, huh?
Suz, congratulations
Talli, you sure have a lot to whoop about
Karen

Jules said...

Happy Dance, doing a happy dance! Like the new header. :) And SUNSHINE, I'm screaming yippee for sunshine. :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Claudia Moser said...

Like that you posted the quote, it fits!

Karen Walker said...

Jules, sunshine is wonderful!
Claudia, thank you for posting it first. It really speaks to me and I think, what I write about here on the blog.
Karen

L.G.Smith said...

Woohoo!!

Joanne said...

I'm seconding everyone's Whoops here ... You go, girl!

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

YAY!!!! I know you're thrilled. We're all happy for you, too.

Christine Rains said...

Way to go! *cheers* I'm whooping that I finished my first short story of the year last night. It's so rough, but hey, it's done. Have a great weekend! :)

Karen Walker said...

L.G. thanks,
Joanne, thank you
Susan, this is such a great cheering squad
Christine, yeah for you! If I read what I wrote I'd probably choke.
Karen

L. Diane Wolfe said...

That is so wonderful, Karen!

Donna Shields said...

Yay Karen!! I managed to edit two pages today.

Mason Canyon said...

Congratulations, way to go.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Carol Kilgore said...

I'm whooping for you!
Congratulations :)

Pk Hrezo said...

Yay Karen!!! That's great news!! You found your writing mojo again. It was always there, I suspect. ;)

Glynis said...

Good for you, Karen. Here's to many more baby steps!

Laura Eno said...

Keep going!!!! :)

Karen Walker said...

Thank you all for the support and votes of confidence. Friday was another good day. I really do think the key is telling myself it's only 10 minutes. I can do anything for 10 minutes. Then, if I write more, that's great.
Karen

Melissa Ann Goodwin said...

I thrilled for you! And I'm whooping about pretty much the same thing, because I've spent so much time promoting my book that I haven't written in ages. However, I've started working on the sequel and I am really excited about it! Whoopdedoo!

Julie Musil said...

Karen, that's wonderful! You're greasing those creative wheels!!

Tracy Makara said...

Yay Karen! I'm happy to hear that your're writing again *clapping*

Dafeenah said...

I added 2000 words to mine today..first time in a while..I'm also setting a time limit of 30 mins a day of writing.. congrats on your whoop!!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen ... well done - sounds like things are coming up trumps in the New Year .. cheers Hilary