Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Telling the truth Tuesday - Introducing Celery Tree

Introducing Celery Tree


Karen Jones Gowen is brilliant. Not only a great writer, she's a creative entrepreneur as well. Here's why:

It began when she realized how much writers like to gather, meet (even virtually), read and review each others books, assisting in promotion and even buying their books.

She thought, What we need is a central location where we can gather, network, post reviews, and also sell our books. Somewhere that doesn't take a huge cut of the profits, that puts more money into the hands of those who actually create the books we love to read.

She was fortunate to find some talented people who got excited about the concept and donated their time and talents to designing, programming and making it a reality. 

The realization of that dream is Celerytree.com. 
  
The more writers who join the more they benefit, because Celerytree.com is designed to be a united front, a community. The more people posting and linking to it, the faster it will happen.

If you want to help, please post this button on your blog and link it to Celerytree.com. Below the button is a summary/list for copying and including in a blog post if you would like. Anything you can do to get the word out about this innovative online bookstore! 





WHO SHOULD JOIN CELERYTREE.COM?

1. Those with published books to sell (print and/or ebooks).

2. Those who believe in the pay-it-forward philosophy of authors supporting authors. 

3. Those who don't mind paying a small membership fee for the privilege of being part of a supportive, ad-free community. (Free memberships available for a limited time.)

4. Those who want a place to interact with others, post reviews, network, and to sell their books all in one location.

5. Those who believe in writers receiving fair pay for their work.

If this sounds like you, then go to Celerytree.com and click JOIN.  More information can be found on the Celery Tree blog, Twitter account, and Facebook page.


Karen Gowen will be available at karen@celerytree.com to answer your questions about Celerytree.comduring the Big Blog Tour. Feel free to email Karen about any questions you may have at this time on joining, registering, buying books, submitting books or any other issues. 


I am happy to be one of the original authors to agree to participate and am very excited about this new project. Please help in any way you can.
Blessings,
Karen

15 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Hope you sell many more copies of your wonderful book, Karen!

Ann Best said...

Those of us who agree that this is an amazing concept hope that it gets more and more followers in the coming weeks and months!
Ann Best, Author of In the Mirror & Other Memoirs

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen ..I agree with you - I thought the concept was great - as I'll know where to find books I'd like to read .. and know that by doing so I'll be supporting authors.

This is such a friendly bunch of blogging authors, aspiring authors .. that it's fun to be around ..

KarenJG is doing a wonderful job putting Celery Tree up .. and everyone is doing their bit ..

Fantastic .. Cheers Hilary

April Plummer said...

I need to add the badge to my blog. I did join, and I intend to list my books as I publish. :) Great post, and I think Celery Tree is such an awesome thing! I'll go look for your books there right now!

KarenG said...

And I'm so grateful for you, Karen, and all the friends of Celery Tree who are patient and encouraging during our getting-it-up-and-running smoothly phase!

Karen Walker said...

Alex, you are a sweetheart. Thank you.
Ann, amen.
Hilary, I love that I could potentially purchase all the books of my blogging buddies from one place.
April, thank you.
Karen, it takes a great deal of patience to begin a new business concept. I'm glad to help in any way I can.
karen

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

Thanks for telling us about Celery Tree, Karen! Sounds like such a supportive place for writers.

DL Hammons said...

Celery Tree is a wonderful venture! Kudo's!! :)

Claudia Moser said...

What a great idea!

welcome to my world of poetry said...

I think it;s a great idea.....having just had a book published myself,

Yvonne.

Karen Walker said...

Elizabeth, yes, it's very supportive for writers and readers alike
DL, karenG rocks!
Claudia, yup
Yvonne, yes, you should join.
Karen

Tracy Jo said...

This is such a wonderful idea...I love being able to go to one place to find the books of my blogger friends and authors that I love. Someday I hope to have my book there! Both Karen's rock!

Helen Ginger said...

What an interesting idea. I hope you post and let us know how it's working for you.

Helen Ginger

Suze said...

Karen, I enjoyed reading that quote by Jobs when I opened up the page to your blog.

julie fedderson said...

What a great concept--truly grassroots support of each other. I love the writerly community!