Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, February 6, 2012

Monday Musings: keeping priorities straight

I am back from my trip and am learning much about getting priorities straight and putting my energy and attention where it needs to be. There is something going on in my life of which I cannot speak. It is a privacy issue. I don't do well when I can't speak about what is in my heart, so I am going to keep this short. My musings today are about gratitude and how important it is to count our blessings for even the small gifts we receive.

Blessings,
karen

20 comments:

Liz Fichera said...

So true. I think it's the small stuff that matters the most.

welcome to my world of poetry said...

My favourite qoutation "Todays Gratitude Buys you Tomorrow's Happiness" comes to mind reading your post.

Yvonne.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad you're back and hope everything is all right.

Tracy Jo said...

Thinking of you, Karen. I am so with you on this journey. Hugs.

L.G.Smith said...

Got you in my thoughts. Love how you always focus on the positive, looking forward.

Karen Walker said...

Liz, you know, don't you?
Yvonne, thanks, I like that.
Alex, thank you. Everything is not all right. But I have to learn to deal with the new reality.
Tracy Jo, thanks so much
L.G. I'm trying...
Karen

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

Hugs to you, Karen! Hope things start looking up soon....you're good to focus on gratitude and small gifts.

Siv Maria said...

So true. Welcome home :)

L. Diane Wolfe said...

And sometimes we don't appreciate little things until we don't have some of them.

Karen Walker said...

Elizabeth, it's not easy, but I'm working on it
Siv, thank you.
Diane, oh how right you are!
Karen

Jennifer Shirk said...

I'm reading a fantastic book by Ann Voskamp called One thousand gifts. It's all about appreciating the small stuff.
Her blog is lovely too.
http://www.aholyexperience.com/

Claudia Moser said...

All will be well, you will find the best way, I am sure!

Belle said...

Gratitude is the best way to start feeling better.

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Gratitude is an attitude, and I know you've got it in spades. Whatever you're going through right now, I'm sorry. But I have a sneaky suspicion that you're gonna come out stronger in the end.

Linda H. said...

So true. Gratitude for the little things makes the little things big (in a good way).

Whatever you are going through, I hope your journey through it is short and successful. Remember...one day at a time, moving forward.

Karen Walker said...

Thanks for the link, Jennifer
Claudia, I hope you are right
Belle, it sure helps
Susan, this is one of the toughest I've ever faced
Linda, thank you so much
Karen

Talli Roland said...

Thinking of you, Karen. I hope everything is okay.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen .. look after yourself and your near and dears ... be at peace with all - glad you're counting your blessings .. thinking of you - cheers Hilary

Dafeenah said...

I hope you're ok and all is well. It's definitely important to priortize. Take care!

Veronica and Thomas said...

The little things make the big things even better:)