Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Gratitude - Letter 'I"


This post is part of the 2012 A-Z challenge, created by the intrepid Arlee Bird at: http://tossingitout.blogspot.com/

"I"

Gratitude for "I" definitely has to be imagination. Einstein said, "Imagination is more important than knowledge." I agree. Where would we be without imagination? We wouldn't have Harry Potter. Or The Wizard of Oz, or any of our fiction books for that matter. We wouldn't have movies because no one would have imagined how to have them. So today I am definitely grateful for imagination and all the creative energy it brings.

Blessings,
Karen

24 comments:

Claudia Moser said...

Good choice for I, love the text!

welcome to my world of poetry said...

I agree a good choice of word.

Yvonne.

Mary Aalgaard, Play off the Page said...

And, then there are the scientists and medical researchers who imagine cures and remedies and what lies beyond the here and now. That amazes me beyond belief. Only God could inspire such imagination. Thank you, God, for imagination in the arts and sciences and for the people who followed their instincts (another wonderful I word).

Play off the Page

Paula Martin said...

Writers live in the world of imasgination - without it, there'd be no creativity.

Texas Yellow Rose said...

Hi Karen,

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your kind comments. Hope you're having fun with the Challenge!

Peace,
Betty

Sherri Lackey said...

I heartily agree with your thoughts on imagination! I'd be lost without mine! :)

Jen Chandler said...

Hi Karen!

Sooooo good to hear from you. I've missed you too! School has me bogged down with papers. And I just realized I'm a post behind. Gah! Maybe I'll try combining H and I. Is that cheating ?!

Have a wonderful weeek!

Hugs,
Jen

Bish Denham said...

We wouldn't have the internet and this blog challenge! Imagination is a wonderful thing.

Suze said...

Imagination is knowledge's blood hound.

Lucy Adams said...

So many things are sapping our imagination these days - tablets, TV, smart phones. We forget what a valuable commodity it is.

Lucy

Tracy Jo said...

Yes and so true! I am thankful that I found mine again..it was lost for awhile. :-) Hope you have an imagined filled day!

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

What a drab world it would be without it!

Jessica Salyer said...

I never thought I had a good imagination until I started writing. Then it was like, what do you know, I have one. :)

Tracy Makara said...

Oh yes, I am so grateful for imagination! We would be lost without it. Great choice. :)

Karen Walker said...

Paula, that's so true -- for fiction writers at least.
Betty, not sure I'd say fun - but I love meeting new kindred spirits.
Sherri, yes, me, too
Jen, just be gentle with yourself -it's not cheating in my book!
Bish, there are so many things - airplanes, cars, it's unimaginable to imagine a world without imagination.
Suze, I love that!
Lucy, that's so true
Tracy Jo, I'm finding with my novel, my imagination does get lost every so often. Then I feel lost.
Elizabeth, I can't even imagine that
Jessica, what a wonderful gift that must be
Tracy, thanks
Karen

L.G.Smith said...

I think my imagination is the thing I'm most grateful for some days. :)

Susan Roebuck said...

Indeed, where would be without imagination? I wonder if there's any other animal that has imagination?

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

Sometimes I love my imagination, sometimes it gives me nightmares. But either way, I'll keep it. :)

Happy A-Z!

Kittie Howard said...

Great choice! Imagination powers everything, from what I'm going to cook for dinner (hmm, gotta really imagine here) to the cure for so many diseases. I'm grateful for everyone's imagination.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

And no movies would be a crime!

Karen Walker said...

L.G. it's a good thing to be grateful for.
Susan, I can't imagine where we'd be...
Madeline, I guess we don't have a choice.
Kitty, me, too
Alex, amen!
Karen

Elizabeth Twist said...

In my non-writing life I work with subtle energy through practicing tai chi, qigong, and reiki. A common saying among practitioners is that "Energy follows thought." If you imagine something strongly - say, white light surrounding you - it will change your electromagnetic field, and so improve your health and wellbeing.

A-Z @ Elizabeth Twist

Debra Harris-Johnson said...

Imagination! Now that's the ticket. If you don't have it...keep your day job.
Thanks for the visit
dreamweaver

Kimberly said...

Me too! I'd have been one bored kid if not for all the wonderful books I read.