Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Gratitude - Letter "W"

This post is part of the 2012 A-Z challenge, created by the intrepid Arlee Bird at: http://tossingitout.blogspot.com/

"W"

Today I am grateful for wandering. So often, we are stuck in our routines, having to get through our to-do lists. How wonderful it is to wander off the routine, or stray away from the path we are walking and wander wherever our hearts and minds want to take us. It opens up so many opportunities for new discoveries, new teachings, new experiences. How about you? Do you ever let yourself wander?

Blessings,
Karen

18 comments:

Annalisa Crawford said...

I don't work a 9-5 job, so I love being able to wander off almost whenever I want to - it really helps with the inspiration for writing! I feel very lucky.

Mary Aalgaard, Play off the Page said...

I've been wandering for years. The journey is all the more interesting because if it.

Great W word.

Play off the Page

Libby said...

Right now, I'm sticking to the path like crazy, but I'm making some time to wander soon!

L.G.Smith said...

Oh, yes, I love to wander. Don't like getting lost, but I do like stepping off the path now and then to discover something new. :)

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen .. I used to wander and loved it - and will do lots more in the future. For now - I wander in my mind .. which actually has been very interesting and stimulating to my little brain!

So I can see both sides .. and in due course I will experience even more, and be able to relax into the discoveries etc ..

Cheers and thanks for coming by - I haven't forgotten .. just had connectivity downtimes and generally trying to keep up! See you soon .. Hilary

Pearson Report said...

One of my favourite wanderings is wandering over here and checking out your wonderful contribution to this A to Z Challenge.

I have been enjoying your Gratitude theme. I like your choice of words for expressing gratitude - I relate to them and find them both enlightening and encouraging.

Hugs, Jenny @ Pearson Report
Co-Host of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'm going to go wander the weekend after the Challenge, that's for sure!

Tracy Makara said...

Wandering is my favorite pastime Karen. I used to be a by the book kind of person until I discovered how much there is to see and experience by wandering off the beaten path. Nice post! :)

baygirl32 said...

my mind is always wandering - its harder for me to not wander

MJ said...

I am a mental wanderer.
-MJ A to Z blogger

Claudia Moser said...

I love to wander, with my mind and also with my body!

Glynis said...

Wandering in the vineyards on a lovely day is just what the dr ordered. Bliss.

Catching up on your posts, Karen.

Robyn Campbell said...

Wandering much! And loving the ride. *waving*

welcome to my world of poetry said...

Love to wander in both mind and along the beach.

Yvonne.

Karen Walker said...

Hello dear friends,
It's now 5:15 pm and I left at 8:30 this morning to sing with Sugartime. Then lunch. Then shopping. I am exhausted. Thanks so much for the lovely comments on wandering. It's fun to see how everyone feels about a concept. I'll catch up with everyone tomorrow.
Karen

Jemi Fraser said...

Good one! I love to wander - whether it's physically, or just in my head! So much fun :)

Patricia Stoltey said...

You know, I haven't done nearly enough of this lately. You've given me a great idea. Thanks, Karen.

Suze said...

Wandering is highly underrated.