Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here on Monday and Tuesday. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair.

"ONLY ONE THING IS MORE FRIGHTENING THAN SPEAKING YOUR TRUTH, AND THAT IS NOT SPEAKING IT." Naomi Wolf

"We are called human beings, not human doings."
Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

"The way to do is to be."
Laotzu

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs..(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly."
Theodore Roosevelt


Saturday, April 28, 2012

Gratitude - Letter "Z"


This post is part of the 2012 A-Z challenge, created by the intrepid Arlee Bird at: http://tossingitout.blogspot.com/

"Z"

My "Z" word just has to be Zebras because when I look at them I think - miracle. Zebras are one of those things that make me wonder how any one could doubt whether there is a God. I don't want this to become a religious discussion, since this is not that kind of blog. But why isn't a Zebra a regular horse? Why does it have stripes and horses don't? And why are the stripes black and white, not red and white? Don't you think they are miraculous?

Well, can't believe we've come to the end of the 2012 A-Z challenge. Many thanks to Arlee Bird for creating this in the first place. It is fun to challenge yourself to come up with 26 posts relating to letters of the alphabet and then seeing what everyone else has come up with. And having the opportunity to make many new blogging friends.

Blessings,
Karen

27 comments:

Ruth said...

I love zebras! They look so pretty.
Good job on finishing the challenge!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Only God could create a zebra.
Can't believe it's ending either. All of the hosts have had a blast this year. I'm beat, but it was well worth it.

Pearson Report said...

Congratulations, Karen, on completing the A to Z Challenge.

As to Zebras, I'm thinking they are here to serve this exact purpose - to make us mere mortals question that which defies logic.

Great "Z" post!

Jenny @ Pearson Report
Co-Host of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge.

Donna B. McNicol said...

Congrats on finishing the 2012 A-Z Challenge!

Heather M. Gardner said...

Is it Monday already?
Zebras are truly beautiful.
I've enjoyed your posts and I'm grateful I got to spend the challenge with you!
Thanks for sharing!
Heather

welcome to my world of poetry said...

Contrats on finishing the challenge, ....thought it was tomorrow was the end.

Yvonne.

Francene Stanley said...

Every creature in the world is amazing. Consider the leopard's spots. I guess they are more reasonable for camouflage. Okay, in the same way, maybe the zebra firs in with light and shade unter trees.


http://francene-wordstitcher.blogspot.com/

Talli Roland said...

You did it, Karen! Well done to you, and to everyone else reaching the finish line.

Rosalind Adam said...

There are a lot of animals that you could ask the same question about. Congratulations for completing. My last post goes up tomorrow... but it's written. Yay!
A to Z of Nostalgia

Karen Walker said...

Oh my goodness, I posted this Sunday instead of Monday. I was so afraid Blogger wouldn't post it (most of the challenge the pre-written posts didn't post automatically). Oh well.
Ruth, yeah, me, too
Alex, my sentiments exactly
Jenny, thanks and yes yes yes
Donna, whew! thanks
Heather, no, it's not Monday, it's screwball Karen posting a day early (see my comment above)
Yvonne, tomorrow is the end
Francene, that's true - I could have written this post about any creature -
Talli, thanks, glad it's over!
Karen

KarenG said...

LOL, I am smiling at your thoughts on zebras!

Sangita Kalarickal said...

I think zebras are very graceful.
This was a great challenge and I had a wonderful time! Love your blog!

http://skaypisms.blogspot.com/

Karen Walker said...

Rosalind, you are so right.
KarenG, thanks
Sangita, thank you so much.
Karen

Glynis said...

Great end to the challenge, Karen. The zoo I mentioned in mine bred an animal called a Zeedonk. Well I think the Zebra and Donkey did the breeding, it wasn't intentional, lol.

I enjoyed your 'years of my life post, too.'

L.G.Smith said...

One of my favorite badges from the A to Z last year was the back end of the zebra. So funny. Enjoyed your posts on gratitude. You have a great outlook on life, Karen.

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

YAY! You finished the challenge, and did it in such fine form, too. Great theme, and a perfect ending. What you said about the zebra could apply to every animal, large and microscopic, but hey! none of THEM start with a Z, now do they? Great job. (By the way, I just found out your book is available for Kindle, and bought it over the weekend. Another YAY!)

Liz Fichera said...

They are truly miracles, exactly as you've said. :)

Karen Walker said...

Glynis, Zeedonk - love that!
L.G., thanks, I try.
Susan, really? wow - didn't think the book was selling anymore. Thank you so much.
Liz, yes.
Karen

cleemckenzie said...

I agree that zebras are darned spectacular with their stunning stripes. Thinking about miracles is a great way to end this challenge!

Paula Martin said...

Zebras are perfectly adapted for their environment, that's the miracle.
Congrats on completing the challenge!

Jennifer Shirk said...

Zebras are beautiful. I bet you're ready for a nice long blog break now. LOL

Jemi Fraser said...

I love zebras - such good animals! It's been a fun challenge! :)

Tracy Makara said...

Zebras are miraculous Karen, I agree! Congrats for finishing the challenge. It definitely is a fun challenge which I'll do again next year if at all possible. Was great reading what you came up with every day. :)

Connie Arnold said...

So true, zebras are really special creations! Nice post to end the A-Z challenge. Congratulations on it!

Suze said...

Karen, check out Amanda's latest post at 'Travels With Persephone.' There's something in it for you, I am sure.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen .. couldn't agree more - zebras are so slick .. I loved seeing them in the bush. Wish we still had unicorns .. and all the ancient animals that have been lost to us .. we're just so lucky we have the zeebraing zebras still

Congratulations on finishing ... cheers Hilary

Arlee Bird said...

Not only is the vast diversity of the world amazing, but the way everything interconnects makes it all the more incredible. The evidence of God's hand is everywhere and I don't see how people can deny it.


Congratulations on making it through the A to Z Challenge. Join us on May 7th with your Challenge Reflections post.

Lee
A Faraway View
An A to Z Co-host blog


View My Stats