Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

On Blogcation

With A-Z behind us, I'm leaving bloggydom for the next few weeks to renew, recharge, rejuvenate with hubby on a lovely road trip to: Arches, Bryce, Zion, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite and Sequoia National Parks. Somewhere in the middle, hubby will get to play train engineer for a day with a real steam and diesel train. He is a train fanatic and is over the moon about this opportunity. I am going to focus on him, our marriage, and the beautiful scenery and nature we are going to encounter. Be well and I'll re-connect when we return.

Blessings,
Karen

14 comments:

welcome to my world of poetry said...

Have a great time Karen.

Yvonne.

Tonja said...

Wow. How did he get the chance to drive a train? That sounds as good as space camp. (Seriously.)

Suze said...

I've always wanted to go to Lake Tahoe. Take care and enjoy!

Sharon Lippincott said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Siv Maria said...

Have tons of fun!

Claudia Moser said...

Enjoy your time, I am sure you will have a blast :)

Donna B. McNicol said...

have a blast...hope the weather cooperates. I love that part of the country!! We'll be here when you get back.

Tracy Makara said...

Sounds delightful! Have fun Karen. :)

Talli Roland said...

Sounds fantastic! Have a great vacation, Karen.

Liara Covert said...

You leave more than enough juicy tidbits for your blog readers to sink their teeth into. Pleased to discover your blog through recommendation of Hilary. Cheers!

Misha Gericke said...

Hope you're having a great time. Will see you when you're back. :-)

Amanda said...

enjoy your travels to these beautiful destinations and thanks for your nice comment over at my blog~

Patricia Stoltey said...

Hi Karen -- I've been to a few of those beautiful places so I know you're having a wonderful time. See you when you get back.

Melissa Ann Goodwin said...

Your trip sounds wonderful. I've been to Zion and Bryce, but not the others, and they are definitely on our list. Have a wonderful, wonderful time, and a well-deserved break.