Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Telling the Truth Tuesday - I'm back....

Hi everyone. Got back yesterday afternoon from our two-week sojourn across the Southwestern United States - more than 3,000 miles. Still in the process of re-entering the real world, so no post today, except to say hope all is well in your worlds and I'll catch up with everyone over the next few days. Oh, and hopefully have some gorgeous pics to share.
Blessings,
Karen

19 comments:

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Hi Karen! Please share some photos. I need a Southwestern fix.

Tracy Jo said...

Welcome back! Can't wait to see the pictures. :-)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Karen! Glad you're back. You've been missed.

Gene Bodzin said...

How I envy your trip. I have fantasized going around the Southwest for almost fifty years, in a circuit that would hit national parks all the way from Crater Lake to the Grand Canyon. But the best I've done is Yosemite and a few national monuments. The upside is that I continue to live with dreams, which are almost as rewarding as memories.

DL Hammons said...

Welcome back!! :)

Karen Walker said...

Diane, you got it, girl - as soon as I get them organized and downloaded.
Tracy Jo, pics cannot capture the awesomeness of our national parks, but I'll try
Alex, thanks, missed you guys as well!
Gene, I hope you realize your dream one day.
DL, thank you!
Karen

Nick Wilford said...

Welcome back! That's an epic trek. Look forward to seeing pics.

Suze said...

I'm with Nick -- looking forward to the pictures.

Welcome back!

welcome to my world of poetry said...

Welcome back Karen.


You may have trouble getting to my blog in Internet Explorer as it don't show my blog. I am now on Google Chrome.
Yvonne.

Claudia Moser said...

Welcome back, happy you are safe!

Tonja said...

Welcome back.

Karen Walker said...

Nick, it was epic and awesome. Thanks.
Suze, hope they came out well
Yvonne, thanks, will check it out
Claudia, thank you
Tonja, thanks
karen

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

Welcome home, Karen!

Looking forward to your pictures. :)

~Sia McKye~ said...

sounds like you had a great time, Karen. Looking forward to hearing more about your trip!

Sia McKye OVER COFFEE

Pearson Report said...

Welcome back, Karen - you have been missed!
Thank-you for stopping by my place and visiting with me and my monks!

Until tomorrow, when I look forward to reading about your adventures.

Hugs, Jenny

Tracy Makara said...

Karen, it's so good to see you back! You've been missed. I hope that your vacation was wonderful! :)

Cassam said...

Sounds lovely,can't wait to see the photos.

Talli Roland said...

Welcome home, Karen! I can't wait to see your photos.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen .. welcome back and so pleased you had a happy time and will be sharing some of the lovely places you visited.

Hope you feel refreshed and relaxed - and generally have more wellbeing .. with many thoughts - cheers Hilary