Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Friday, June 15, 2012

Incentive for Writing

I have an incentive to get back to work on my novel. I can't share what it is. I'm not telling a soul. But it's got me definitely wanting to get the words flowing onto the page once more. Wish me luck.

Blessings,
Karen

17 comments:

Tracy Makara said...

Karen, this is exciting! I'm so happy to hear that you are feeling inspired to write. Definitely wishing you luck...lots of it.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Glad the words are flowing!

randi lee said...

Whatever it is, its great that its working!

Laura Eno said...

Fabulous! Get those words down. :)

Francene Stanley said...

Go, girl, go. Writing is magical anyway, so I'm glad a mystery has tempted you. We won't mention the hard work at this stage.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Go Karen go!

Karen Walker said...

Oh how I love you guys! But ahh, I said it's got me wanting to get the words flowing - they're not actually flowing yet - but I am sure they will - as soon as my life calms down a bit
Karen

Nancy said...

Great news, Karen! I'm working on a novel too -- it came as a surprise and demands to be written. Looks like we both are meant to go with the flow! Let me know if you want to meet at OSVC for writing sessions.

Tonja said...

Sometimes if you speak in detail about the magical thing that keeps you going, it loses its magic. Good luck!!!

Suze said...

LUCK!

You are made to this, Karen.

Karen Walker said...

Nancy, we should definitely get together. It's been way too long.
Tonja, you are so right!
Suze, hmmm guess I have to tell those nasty old voices that tell me I can't do it what you said.
Karen

Ann Best said...

I DO wish you luck, Karen! I too am back to working on the memoir I started 3 years ago ghost writing for my friend. And I just put up a blog post about being halfway back with social media. I do want to keep in touch with dear friends such as you!

Yes. Sometimes it works much better not to tell a soul what our ideas for writing are. I've learned this from experience. Best just to do it...

DL Hammons said...

LUCK!!!! :)

Karen Walker said...

Ann, so good to see you back here - you have been missed!
Thanks, DL
You know, writing blogposts is much like writing personal essays, you start with an idea and are not sure where it will take you. I finally realized my resistance to beginning work on the novel is that this next part is going to take me to a very dark place in order to write it. I don't want to go there. Voila!
Karen

Talli Roland said...

Oh, YAY! Fantastic, Karen. I'll share my raspberry trifle with you. :)

Arlee Bird said...

Here's wishing you lots of luck and success. I've got something brewing as well. I'll also have an announcement on Tossing It Out on Monday that I hope some will find interesting.


Lee
Wrote By Rote

Jacqueline Howett said...

I always love hearing a writer is actually writing. It sounds like the writing bug is in the air. Good Luck!