Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, June 18, 2012

Monday Musings - connections

This past week, I've paid more attention to my inner wisdom and listened to it more frequently. The results have been wonderful. I responded to a fellow blogger's post last Friday and it resulted in a telephone call which forged a really wonderful connection.

My sister-in-law came to visit and we enjoyed her tremendously.
A teenage friend returns from a year abroad today and I am hoping to re-connect.
Deep conversations with several friends resulted in insights and awareness.
I realized the reason I have been resisting writing. I will have to go to a very dark place in order to write the next part of my novel and I really don't want to go there, but there's no other way but through. Now that I know what the resistance is, I am hoping to move through it (once all my company leaves, that is).
So, are you connecting--with yourself and with others?
Blessings,
Karen

13 comments:

Talli Roland said...

Don't you love making connections? This weekend I've been reconnecting with the real world again and it feels really good. :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I've been connecting really well with my current manuscript this past week and it's awesome!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I'm forcing myself out to make more real world connections right now. Sometimes it's just easy to hide.

Tracy Makara said...

Connections are fantastic aren't they? I've had a few myself this week and am so thankful for them.

The dark place is never fun. I am just pulling out of a dark place in which I resided for a little over a week. It was awful while I was there, but now I can honestly say that I'm glad that I went.

Karen Walker said...

Talli, yes, I do.
Alex, that's great!
Diane, I know, I hide quite a bit myself
Tracy, you know who I mean
Karen

Stephen Tremp said...

I've been connecting with a lot of people on Twitter, FB, and my blog today because of my book promo. And thanks for stopping by and saying hello! Enjoy reading Breakthrough!

Bish Denham said...

I do feel like I'm connecting/re-connecting. It's almost as though there's something in the air, a vibration of anticipation, but a good anticipation, not that anxious kind.

Scribbles From Jenn said...

I need to connect with myself, my reading and my writing, but I've only managed to connect with my bed for a much needed nap! So glad summer is here.

DL Hammons said...

You will feel so proud once you get to the other side of that dark passage! Good luck! :)

~Sia McKye~ said...

This is why I also like my alone time. It allows me time to think and contemplate. To hear what my mind is saying and thinking. To draw conclusions. I'm introspective anyway but if I don't have that time I feel disconnected--not that my mind ever shuts up, lol!

Connections are good. I appreciate the few true-blue friends I have. They tell me the truth--whether I want to hear it or not. But don't we need people like that in our life?

then there are the connections with other writers which I value. It helps with making the dots connect in writing.

Hugs.

Sia McKye OVER COFFEE

Jennifer Shirk said...

Summertime is the time I tend to reconnect with people. Glad you had a nice time with your connections!

Pk Hrezo said...

Good to hear that, Karen. I've been re-connecting with my family and not stressing on my writing so much.

Good luck with your journey to the dark side to get your writing accomplished. I think in a way, it could be theraputic. Have tissues and chocolate on hand. ;)

china oil painting reproductions said...

I really agree with the point that you have shared in this article. An interesting and useful article always makes me benefit and get a lot thinking.Bookmark it and recommend to my friends.