Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Friday, June 8, 2012

More of our Southwest adventure



From Zion, we went on to Lake Tahoe, then Yosemite and finally, Sequoia. I'd been to Lake Tahoe previously, but only spent a few hours there. This time, we drove around the entire lake, stopping here and there for views and a picnic.



Lake Tahoe

picnic at the lake
                                                                                                                                                                Yosemite is mystical, magical and majestic.
hiking in Yosemite

Vernal Falls in Yosemite

This was probably the hardest hike I've ever done - a vertical climb of 400 feet, but oh so worth it.



Bridal Falls in Yosemite
From half-dome, seen below, to the magnificent creature you see below that, to the spectacular valley, Yosemite was filled with wonders.

Half-dome

A coyote taking a stroll

Me standing on what is the circumference of a Sequoia

a Sequoia

me and hubs by a giant Sequoia

I will leave you with one last thought about our trip. While strolling through these magnificent, ancient trees, I received a message: Stand tall; be proud; you are majestic. I pass that along to all of you,

With many blessings,
Karen

12 comments:

Francene Stanley said...

The size of those magnificent trees send a shiver of awe over me. Trees live so much longer than humans. I love the message. Trees are so important to our planet. I'm working them into my plot about the time a comet strikes Earth and changes the future.

Karen Walker said...

Awesome, Francene.
I'm heading off to Santa Fe for the day, but will respond to comments tomorrow.
Karen

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Those are some big trees! Great pictures and message, Karen.

L.G.Smith said...

Wow, what a great trip! I would love to visit Yosemite some day. So beautiful.

randi lee said...

Such beautiful pictures! Absolutely breath taking. Thanks so much for sharing.

Tracy Makara said...

Wow! Love the photos...also love the message at the end of the post. Thank you for sharing them Karen.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

You saw a coyote? Four years in New Mexico and I only saw one. (And he was rather mangy.)

Beautiful photos, Karen.

Claudia Moser said...

Such beautiful pictures and I agree with the lesson :)

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen .. this was a great post - loved the photos .. now you've made me want to come over and visit Lake Tahoe and the rest .. I've always wanted to see a Sequoia ..

Cheers Hilary

Heather M. Gardner said...

How completely epic!
Thanks you for posting such wonderful pictures.
Heather

Susanna said...

Great blog and beautiful pictures! Happy summer to you! :)

xoxo
Susanna
http://susanna-behindmyeyes.blogspot.com

Susanna said...

Great blog and beautiful pictures! Happy summer to you! :)

xoxo
Susanna
http://susanna-behindmyeyes.blogspot.com