Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, July 23, 2012

Monday Musings: an insight

I was journalling the other day, trying to get an answer to why nothing is happening with my novel right now. The answer came swift and clear: keep letting go of attachments when singing, either negative or positive. When the fear is gone and you are fully present, you will soar. Once you can do this, the writing will begin to flow.

Hmmm.....

Blessings,
Karen

10 comments:

Arlee Bird said...

Is this the same as not getting distracted by things outside of what you are doing? Thinking of other things? That's usually been my problem when I'm writing. If I'm not totally focusing on what I'm writing I start drifting off in other directions.


Lee
Tossing It Out

KarenG said...

I get answers to questions when I'm journaling too. In fact, I got up early to write in my journal and instead am visiting blogs :)

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Fear and faith can't exist in the same place, so let go of fear!

Karen Walker said...

Arlee Bird, no, it's not the same thing as being focused. It's letting go and trusting.
KarenG, isn't it odd how we find ways to keep us from what is most important?
Diane, you are so so right.
karen

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Immerse yourself and just write!

Carol Kilgore said...

I totally agree with this. Letting go of the fear is hard. But once you do, it's wonderful!

Jennifer Shirk said...

I try to let go of expectations too and write for myself. It's funny how "freeing" it is and how the writing flows so much better.

Tonja said...

When I'm stuck, it helps me if I go somewhere else. Just a change of scenery makes a difference.

Suze said...

I think I'm with Alex on this one.

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Great insight. Maybe I need to get a journal...