Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Friday, July 27, 2012

Singing for the veterans

My father was a WWII Vet and during the last three years of his life, I regularly took him to the VA Hospital for his health care. He loved it there. And I loved the doctors and staff who took such good care of him.

Now, my singing group, Sugartime, goes to the VA on a regular basis to sing for the Vets. We set up in the lobby or outside in the courtyard, and sing for an hour. They are so appreciative and it fills our hearts with joy.

Today's our day with the veterans. I'll catch you all later.

Blessings,
Karen

7 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

What a wonderful place to sing!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

My father served in WWII. I'm sure the men at the veterans' hospital love to hear you sing.

Jemi Fraser said...

Love that! You're so awesome :)

Julie said...

This is such a wonderful thing that you and your group do. I can imagine the vets look forward to Sugartime's visits each week.

My father was a WWII vet as well and I always loved listening to his stories about the war.

Claudia Moser said...

Simply wonderful

Tracy Moore said...

Sounds wonderful! I'm sure that it was great for all. :)

Lynda R Young said...

That's so wonderful.