Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Friday, July 6, 2012

The sneaky hate spiral


A friend shared this the other day and I just had to pass it along. If you ever feel like there's a monster living inside you that takes over, take a few minutes and look at this.

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/05/sneaky-hate-spiral.html

Blessings,
Karen

15 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I think we all have moments like that where all the crap just overwhelms.
And red traffic lights really do hate me.

Talli Roland said...

Oh yes, I can relate. :) Thanks for sharing, Karen!

Karen Walker said...

Yes, Alex, they hate me, too.
Talli, if we can learn to laugh at ourselves, we'll be fine!
Karen

L.G.Smith said...

Hahaha...and that was just in the last ten minutes. So funny. Thanks for the link and have a great weekend. :)

Karen Walker said...

Yeah, L.G. I thought so, too.
Karen

Arlee Bird said...

I've definitely had days like that. I've never had 529 comments on a post though. I guess that topic really resonated with readers.


Lee
Tossing It Out

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

Oh, this is great. Yes, I have days that spiral out of control like that and it's always the *little* things. Like stuff falling out of cabinets. :) That made me smile!

Hart Johnson said...

*giggles* Oh man--we all have days like than, don't we?

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Wow! Thanks for pointing us in the direction of that blog. Loved that post... and every OTHER post I read on that site. That gal is some kinda talented. I DEFINITELY want to get a copy of her book when it comes out this fall.

Karen Walker said...

Arlee, yeah that's some kind of following, isn't it?
Elizabeth, yes, I think we can all find something in there we react to.
Hart, yes, it made me giggle as well.
Susan, I know.
karen

Tracy Moore said...

This was hilarious and I had to share it as well. There were too many things I recognized in there...hmm maybe I need to examine my anger factor? LOL

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I try not to scream at my cats, but I've done it before.

Heather M. Gardner said...

That was too funny. And looked amazingly like me in some frames.
:)
Thanks for the laugh.
Heather

Anonymous said...

What is learned in the cradle is carried to the grave.

0zSgz http://www.cheapuggbootsan.com/
vPpu http://www.michaelkorsoutletez.com/
bSmb http://www.cheapfashionshoesam.com/
6zUjs http://www.burberryoutletxi.com/
4oDgx http://www.nflnikejerseysshopxs.com/
7cKhl http://www.coachfactoryoutlesa.com/
1nByd 2iNwq 0qIhg 2iFeo 7hDrj 3fFqo 0sDxy 1tVpw 7lLye

Anonymous said...

michael kors bags hdhnqaew michael kors handbags msujvgsk michael kors outlet efgtmvay michael kors purses iiarrgkg michael kors sale ayquvpho Michael Kors chlcvnas