Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Friday, August 17, 2012

Happy Friday!!

Just want to wish everyone a happy weekend. I had a challenging week with several equipment glitches and totally stress me out. But all is well. We're off to sing today - hi ho hi ho
hope everyone relaxes and has some fun!
Blessings,
Karen

8 comments:

Jennifer Shirk said...

I'm sorry you had a challenging week.

Have fun singing!

Mason Canyon said...

Glad all is well now. Have fun singing and a great weekend.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Arlee Bird said...

This past week has been among my worst ever. Things have taken a turn for the better, but still I'm a bit shaken and I may take a while to completely recover. Hoping for big upswings for both of us.

Sing joyously!


Lee
Wrote By Rote

Claudia Moser said...

Happy weekend :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'm on vacation right now and will definitely have some fun.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen .. great news - enjoy that singing .. thought these two paragraphs might interest you ..

http://bigthink.com/ideafeed/singing-has-a-positive-impact-on-health

Cheers Hilary

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Melissa Ann Goodwin said...

Karen, thank you for your note on my blog post. I read back a few of your posts and see some of what's happening with you. It's so helpful to know that we share these challenges - sometimes we think others have it all figured out when if we shared our struggles we could help each other. You are so wonderful about expressing your vulnerability. I really relate to the "missing out" post - I think for me it's a middle child thing - we always feel left out. My brother and sister always seemed to have so many friends and were always in the midst of a crowd. You've gained the confidence to know it's okay to opt out ... we are all the same really, and there is such comfort in that - we all share these kinds of feelings, just about different things, with different triggers.