Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, August 20, 2012

Monday Musings: taking a break

Over the weekend I was overcome with a bout of depression. No need to worry. I've been here before and I know I'll come out of it, but I need to take a break and take care of myself.
Blessings,
Karen

9 comments:

Claudia Moser said...

Do take care, I fully understand, somehow same here!

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

Hugs to you, Karen!

L.G.Smith said...

Gotta do what you gotta do. We've all been there. Take care.

Talli Roland said...

Hugs, Karen. Thinking of you!

Arlee Bird said...

Though not exactly, I kind of know what you're going through. Hang in there. I'm dealing with mine too.


Lee
Wrote By Rote

Kimberly and Jerry Peterson said...

Let me know if you need anything...I can relate in so many ways. Take care and keep us updated!

Suze said...

Hugs.

Julie said...

I'm sorry to read this Karen, I can certainly understand. Thinking of you and sending good wishes your way.

Cynthia said...

Do hang in there, and I hope you feel better soon.