Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, September 17, 2012

Alex blog fest


Genre Favorites Blogfest, September 17, 2012
One blogfest, four favorites!
List your favorite genre of:
Movie
Music
Books
And a guilty pleasure genre from any of the three categories!



Allrighty then, our fabulous Ninja Captain Alex, is once again hosting a blogfest. To find Alex, go here: http://alexjcavanaugh.blogspot.com. There you will find the linky thingy to discover all the other participants in this blogfest. Here are my genre favorites:

Movie: Romantic (Comedy or drama)
Music: Oldies (from the fifties and sixties)
Books: can't choose any one genre - I just love fiction of most any kind

My guilty pleasure from one of these categories: I've probably seen most romantic comedies (from classics up to the present time) five or six times each (or more in some cases). I know the dialogue for some of these movies, like An Affair to Remember or When Harry Met Sally. It is probably my most favorite "escape."

How about you?
Blessings
Karen

37 comments:

Donna Hosie said...

It was hard choosing genres for books, wasn't it. I don't think I managed it either!

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

I thought that film great also Karen.
Needless to say mine is about music.

Have a good day.
Yvonne.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Romantic comedies are my guilty pleasure. And When Harry Met Sally had some great lines.
Thanks for participating in my blogfest!

Tara Tyler said...

romantic comedies are my guilty pleasure too, feel so good after a happy ending!

baygirl32 said...

Romantic comedies are my guilty pleasure too they just make you want to smile

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I always loved When Harry and Sally because my husband and I were a Harry and Sally.

Arlee Bird said...

It's always difficult for me to come up with my absolute favorites of most things. I came up with a list though.


Lee
Genre Favorites Blogfest
Wrote By Rote

Jeremy [HWR Curator] said...

interesting... very interesting!

Jeremy [Retro-Zombie]
Howlin' Wolf Records: On-Line Magazine

Bish Denham said...

I had to think really hard to pick the genres. It was like going down memory lane.

L.G.Smith said...

Meg Ryan kind of owned the RomCom for awhile there, didn't she? I liked her in You've Got Mail and Sleepless in Seattle too.

Kyra Lennon said...

Oh,we really do have lots in common! :D

I love music from the 60s as well as romantic comedies!

Linda Jackson said...

"I know the dialogue for some of these movies..."

I know the dialogue for TOO many Disney Pixar movies. :)

mike spain said...

Thanks for sharing.music from the 50s and 60s good stuff

Pk Hrezo said...

Oh I love those old romantic comedies. So much fun!!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen .. music I agree; books something more educational (probably why I don't get to read them?!); film - well again educational .. but Four Weddings and a Funeral, or Pretty Woman ... loved them.

Cheers Hilary

Nancy Thompson said...

Funny how so many of us consider the romantic comedy a guilty pleasure! Me, too!

Suze said...

'When Harry Met Sally' is a modern classic!

Patricia Stoltey said...

We have a lot in common in our choices, Karen. You mentioned seeing West Side Story about 25 times...I think I've watched An American in Paris that often...and when my stepdaughter was small she got hooked on My Fair Lady, so I've probably seen/heard that one at least 100 times. :D

Rachel Schieffelbein said...

I love oldies, too! :)

Michael Pierce said...

My wife has me watching quite a few romantic comedies. They're so much fun!

LD Masterson said...

Whoa, I had to double check and make sure I hadn't wandered back to my own blog by mistake. My choices were Romantic Comedy, Oldies (50's and 60's), and Mystery/Suspense with a runner up of "everything else".

Miss Jack Lewis Baillot said...

Comedy movies are great! I love a good laugh.

Thanks for the comment!

Allons-y!

Christine Rains said...

Fun list!

Jemi Fraser said...

I agree - there are so many great choices! I could echo your choices! :)

Nicki Elson said...

Yay for another When Harry Met Sally reference. :)

Tamara said...

When Harry met Sally was SUCH a great movie!! Nice choices. :)

Liz Fichera said...

RomComs definitely are in the lead in the movie category in this blogfest. I loved WHen Harry Met Sally!

Livia said...

I love romance films too! I could always go for that type of film anytime.

Kari Marie White said...

Another When Harry Met Sally Fan! I have lost count how many times I've seen that movie.

Tonja said...

I love those movies too. I can't really get enough of them. Apparently 80's music plays on the oldies station. What's with that?!

Siv Maria said...

Love an affair to remember, the original is by far the best. Sleepless in Seattle I have seen also about half a dozen times!

Talli Roland said...

Yay for romantic comedies! Love Actually is one of my all-time favs.

Misha Gericke said...

Great choices. I like romance movies as long as it feels natural enough to keep my disbelief suspended. :-D

~Sia McKye~ said...

I love the old madcap romantic comedies, Karen. I loved When Sally Met Harry. There's one, whose name escapes me, with Sandra Bullock and Hugh Grant that I loved, too. My favorites I usually can quote lines too, lol!
I like fiction. Thats a good way to put it. :-)

James Garcia Jr. said...

Hi, Karen. Love the Affair to Remember and When Harry Met Sally shout-outs. Great films!

-Jimmy
http://jamesgarciajr.blogspot.com/

J.L. Campbell said...

Hi, Karen,
I'm crazy about oldies music too.

Shannon Lawrence said...

Love oldies! We used to have this great oldies station, but several years ago they switched it up to 90's, which is fine and all, but now there's no oldies station. Of course, some probably consider the 90's oldies...

My Genre Favorites & Guilty Pleasures