Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Friday, September 21, 2012

end of a whirlwind week

TGIF. Sugartime sang at the Fair Tuesday, at an annual convention for the New Mexico Hospital Association Thursday night and will sing at a retirement facility this afternoon. We're all exhilarated and exhausted and ecstatic. I am sorry I haven't been able to visit too many blogs this week, but I promise I'll be back in the swing next week. Things will slow down considerably in October for Sugartime.
Now I need to get back to my novel!!!
How about you?
Blessings,
Karen

11 comments:

Suze said...

Just wanted to thank you again for your kind words yesterday, Karen. You're a star.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Just think of all the people who are enjoying your voice Karen!

Kristi said...

How fun!!!

Enjoy every minute and I hope you have a great weekend!

Karen Walker said...

Suze, I meant every word I said - you are extremely gifted - I bragged about you to Sugartime last nite.
Alex, about 220 of them last nite - it was a blast!
Kristi, I'm trying to enjoy and not self-criticize too much.
Karen

L.G.Smith said...

It's good to be busy. It means you're out there enjoying life. Have a great weekend, Karen.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Three gigs in one week? Karen, that's wonderful.

Ann Best said...

What a wonderful string of activities. To be busy is really good IMHO. But then...yes, there's also your novel. I'd say do what you can step by step, and enjoy the journey. Do have a great weekend!

Arlee Bird said...

I haven't been to a fair in years. What fun! I used to love going to the fair especially when I was performing at one.


Lee
A Faraway View

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Well it has been a whirlwind week for you, it's good to get about if you can. Haven't been to a fair in years.

Yvonne.

Julie said...

Sounds like a wonderful week. I'm sure all the people who were lucky enough to hear Sugartime enjoyed the shows!!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen .. delighted you're so enjoying Sugartime's sessions - they do sound fun and lightening that load ...

Enjoy being back with your draft - but I suspect the demand for Sugartime will increase ... you obviously provide so much pleasure to others - let alone enjoying the sessions together ..

Cheers Hilary