Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Telling the Truth Tuesday - singing at the fair

I know Alex's blogfest was yesterday and that is a very big deal, but I also had another big deal going on yesterday - Sugartime sang at the State Fair. What a blast! We don't often get an opportunity to be on a big stage and strut our stuff. Never in a million years could I ever have imagined doing this in my sixties. I've wanted to be in a girl group since I was a small child. Well, I also wanted to be Patsy Cline and Rosemary Clooney. But then I wanted to be the Lennon Sisters or the McGuire Sisters. Then it was the Ronettes and the Marvelettes and The Supremes and Martha and the Vandellas. Now it's Sugartime.

How about you? Are you living any of your childhood dreams?
Blessings,
Karen

7 comments:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

What a great day you had, it must be very uplifting to be living your dream. Good luck for the future.
Yvonne.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That was yesterday? How wonderful! I hope someone filmed your group in action.
Where I'm at now with my books, guitar playing, and activity online is far more than I ever imagined. Guess it's beyond living the dream.

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

That's a huge venue! Congratulations on the big day for Sugartime!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

How wonderful!!! I miss the NM State Fair. Best one I've ever attended.

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Oh, wow, how exciting! Maybe there were some young girls in the audience, who are now dreaming of being in a group like Sugartime!

Sharon Lippincott said...

What a thrill! I remember the State Fair from days long gone by, and know it's a much bigger deal now. Way to go!

Miss Jack Lewis Baillot said...

HURRAY! SOUNDS LIKE FUN!!!!!!
The Ronettes were great singers, I love their songs.

I always try and live a childhood dream at least once a day.

Allons-y!