Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

telling the truth tuesday

"Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud."
Maya Angelou
Letter to my Daughter

When I landed in Portland I was greeted by a vibrant double rainbow, all colors of the spectrum quite clear. Then, when I arrived at my destination.I found this book and this line in the intro.
Blessings
karen

11 comments:

Elizabeth Seckman said...

She is genius and says things so perfectly.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

It's a sign!

Michael Di Gesu said...

Lovely sentiment.

Double Rainbows are SPECTACULAR... I saw my first years ago in Florida after a sun shower.

An amazing phenomenon.

Eve said...

I've never seen a double rainbow, but I love Maya Angelou! Thanks for this Karen.

Claudia Moser said...

There are no coincidences, just right moments if you notice them, right?

Andrea Franco-Cook said...

Someone's trying to tell you something. Enjoy.

Tonja said...

I saw a double-rainbow once - I'll never forget it. Must remember to stash a camera in the car.

Liz Fichera said...

Beautiful! Hope you're having a wonderful time.

Sharon Lippincott said...

Karen, I hope you see double rainbows in Albuquerque now and then. I remember seeing them fairly often between Santa Fe and Los Alamos and up on the hill. They are always breathtaking. So glad you saw one in Portland.

Thank for this snippet of Maya. That's a thought to hold in our hearts for sure.

Mary Aalgaard said...

Ah, very good signs and greetings for your homecoming. Enjoy!
Play off the Page

Jack said...

Such a wonderful find, and rainbows can always brighten one's day