Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Friday, November 2, 2012

Back in the saddle again

Whew! Home from the Pacific Northwest. Lovely trip, but the weather was, well, typical Oregon weather. Rain, gloomy clouds, and more rain. But oh, the lush green forests and the ocean energy. Of course, it was raining so hard, I could barely see the ocean, but who cares. I had a lovely time with my friends and came home with a suitcase full of new clothes. Yippee! And a sinus infection. Yuck!

How are you all doing? Tell me what's up with you?
Blessings,
Karen

12 comments:

Writer Pat Newcombe said...

Oh dear - sounds like the weather was a bit of a non starter but at least you'll have lots of good memories - oh and a sinus infection to remember your trip by! Welcome home!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

It wouldn't be the Oregon Coast if it wasn't raining!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Bummer about the infection, but welcome back!

L.G.Smith said...

Never been there, but I'd love to see those lush forests of the northwest.

Glad you're back home safe.

Karen Walker said...

Pat, when you live in Oregon you learn to live and do what you want despite it. I just wasn't used to it anymore.
Diane, I know, I know - I just forgot!
Alex, turned the corner this morning and feeling a bit better thanks.
L.G. It's one of the most beautiful states in union.
Karen

Suze said...

Ocean energy. Karen, I love that.

Carol Kilgore said...

Yippee on the new clothes. But take care of that sinus infection so you can enjoy wearing the new duds.

Happy Weekend!

Karen Jones Gowen said...

Where did you go? My youngest son is living there, serving an LDS Mission. He loves it!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen .. sounds as though you had a wonderful time seeing old friends, coffeeing and shopping in between ..

Welcome back to the blogging world! Cheers Hilary

Karen Walker said...

Suze, yes, ocean energy is awesome
Carol, yup, you're right.
Karen, was in Portland, Corvallis, and Canon Beach and Newport Beach on the coast.
Hilary, did have a good time with all of the above. Thanks. Nice to be back.
karen

Melissa Ann Goodwin said...

New clothes sound good to me! Sorry about the sinus infection :( Hope it passes quickly.

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Welcome back. We've been away, too, but I'm being a real slacker about posting. Monday is soon enough for me. My next "state tour" post will be about Oregon, and I was amazed at all the neat things I discovered about the state while doing research. Sounds like a gorgeous place.