Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Telling the Truth Tuesday - being sick is not fun!

I've been down for the count since a week ago Friday when I landed in the emergency room with bronchitis and a sinus infection. I keep hoping I'll feel better, and the truth is, I do, but not better enough. Some things just linger longer, and this is one of them. I've had no energy. If I try to do something, it exhausts me even more, so I don't do anything. Today I am going to act as if I'm healthy and see if I can shift the energy because being sick is just not fun!

How about you? Hope all is well and you are looking forward to the holidays.
Blessings,
karen

17 comments:

Yvonne's World of Poetry said...

Hope you feel better soon Karen,
I have my health problems but if I think about them it scares me as it may lead to major surgery.
Have a good day.
Yvonne,

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'm sorry Karen! You didn't tell us you'd taken a trip to the emergency room. Time to kick sickness' butt!

Tonja said...

Ugh. If the humidity is especially low in your house, that can make that sort of thing linger for longer from my experience.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Fake it until you make it. Craig used to get bad sinus infections, and he ended up at the emergency room once when we lived in ABQ, too. Must be something in that dry desert air.

Karen Walker said...

Eek, Yvonne, that's hard -
Alex, yeah, guess I don't tell everything here, LOL
Tonja, we installed a humidifier in our air system for just that reason
Diane, I think it is the dry desert air. I love it here, but that's a sad side benefit that really affects me
Karen

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Your poor thing. Kinda makes it hard to sing, too, doesn't it? Here's hoping you get to feeling well again real soon. Like TODAY!

Jack said...

Aye, being sick is rotten. I hope you recover swiftly. Laying about all day, unable to do anything, gets old really fast. For a day, sometimes it is nice to get to rest, but longer then that...nope. It just gets annoying.

Stephen Tremp said...

Wow! I hope things turn around for you real soon! Get well. We've been sick too, but not hospital sick.

Claudia Moser said...

Get well soon, at 1000% :)

Jennifer Shirk said...

Ack! The hospital? You take care of yourself.
I'm actually nursing a head cold right now. 'Tis the season. :)

JJ said...

Get well soon. Alex Fest - Cheers!

Ann Carbine Best said...

There's so much sickness everywhere, it seems. Even I've had some head problems, and I never do! I've lived in dry and humid. I prefer a bit more humidity, Virginia style, than in the West, though both places have their beauty. And when you're not well, I figure you might as well just lie there and do nothing. I just put a Lyn Yutang quote up on my blog that ironically, I think, says it: "If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live." Do you think this applies to sickness?! :)

I do hope you feel much better soon!!

Karen Walker said...

Susan, it's been impossible to sing. Today was first day I could sing a bit. Have two gigs coming up - Thursday and Friday - keeping my fingers crossed
Jack, you're right - one day would be fine - a week and half is ridiculous
Stephen, thank goodness they didn't admit me!
Claudia, thanks, dear
Jennifer, seems like everyone's got something
JJ - thanks
Ann, that quote certainly applies to sickness - love it!
Karen

Karen Jones Gowen said...

I feel like I'm coming down with something too. Sore throat, etc. Hope you are better soon!

Arlee Bird said...

Sometimes just acting healthy can fool the body into believing it is. The power of the mind can work wonders. I wish you wellness.

Lee
Wrote By Rote

Christine Rains said...

Hope you feel better soon. My son had a brief bout but the same thing knocked my husband down for a week.

jual baju muslim murah said...

This is a great posting It’s exactly what I was looking for. I like your article.