Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Friday, January 25, 2013

Final words on Sugartime

Well, the decision has been made. The one singer will be leaving Sugartime at the end of February. We will sing together three more times during that month and then this iteration of the group is over.
The other singer and I have decided to cobble together a program of songs to honor the commitments we have made for March and April. We will have to see how we sound together with just our two voices. Then we can see how it all feels and whether we think we can put on a good enough show with just two. After that, we can see if we want to continue or let it go or try to find a third person.

I am grateful this current form of the group will end in a way we can bless each other for the next stage of our individual journeys. It was looking for awhile like that wasn't going to happen.

Thank you all for your kind and supportive, and very wise comments.

Blessings,
Karen

16 comments:

Francene Stanley said...

I wish you well with your continuing journey through life. Set-backs make us stronger. I like the thought of two of you singing together.

Yvonne's World of Poetry said...

It would be great if you could make it as a duo. Fingers crossed.

Yvonne.

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

Although I'm sorry to hear that the trio will definitely be ending, I'm so glad to hear that you're seeing how the group works as a duo. Great to have a plan to move forward! :)

Arlee Bird said...

There have been many fine singing duos throughout music history. Maybe that's your real calling. I'm sure things will work out either way. Good luck!

Lee
A Faraway View

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad the two of you will fulfill your commitments. Who knows? This might be an incredible opportunity in disguise.

Read my books; lose ten pounds! said...

Good luck!

L.G. Smith said...

Maybe someone out there is interested in joining your duo? Whatever happens, I wish you luck.

Manzanita said...

Sorry for you two because I bet the 3 of you had a marvelous sound. BUT.... the old but again .... I'm still positive that if you put the word out there for her replacement, you'll have your pick. Someone is just waiting for the chance to join you.

Karen Walker said...

Francene, I could be one of the strongest people on the planet then, LOL
Yvonne, we're gonna give it our best shot!
Elizabeth, we have a friend with a really good ear who is going to come over tonight and listen -we'll see...
Lee, that's so true
Alex, I have a feeling it just might be!
Read my books - thank you!
L.G. I'm opening myself up to this new journey and allowing it to emerge - thanks
karen

L. Diane Wolfe said...

She's leaving that soon?

It's not the end of the road. It's just a fork in the road. And there are no wrong paths.

Suze said...

Karen, reading this I just had a really, really strong sense that the best is yet to come.

jaybird said...

Wishing you all of the best, however you decide to proceed.

LD Masterson said...

Sometimes things fall apart so they can come together. Best of luck.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen .. sounds like the right decision, especially as you're losing one of your group - but the two of you will have a chance to see and feel how it goes ..

Then who knows - I'm sure the reason will out .. just enjoy everything .. cheers for now - Hilary

Michael Di Gesu said...

Hi, Karen,

The duo may work out just great! Keep positive ...

Paul Anthony Shortt said...

Good luck with this new big change. I hope it brings new opportunities as well as challenges!