Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, January 7, 2013

Monday Musings: I got plenty of nothin'

I have spent most of the last two months sick. I've tried to keep up with posts and visit blogs when I had the energy, but I haven't done as well as I'd like. I am musing today about not having the energy to figure out what to write on a  blog posts because I need to put my energy and attention on my novel and Sugartime this week. I've got nothing else. I'll be back next week, hopefully stronger and with some new ideas.
Blessings,
Karen

20 comments:

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I was sick over the holidays and so frustrated that I couldn't get anything done. So I know where you are coming from.

Luanne Smith said...

Yes, channel those energies where you need them most right now. And feel better soon!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

No need to drain yourself here if you don't have to.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen .. gosh how horrid - I do hope by resting and not worrying about the blog for a short time - you'll feel much improved ...

Look after yourself ... and here's to a healthier 2013 - Hilary

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Karen, I saw your comment. If you'd like to sign up to announce my book, that would be wonderful.

Manzanita said...

Take 2 aspirin and call me in the morning. Seriously, get well, girl. You need to be strong with energy for your busy life.

Nick Wilford said...

Hope you're feeling better soon. Work on building up your strength - we'll understand if you can't be super entertaining on the blog!

Tammy Theriault said...

looking around your blog and loving it. good luck with your writing! new follower, hi!! :D

Pk Hrezo said...

Hope you feel better soon, Karen. Like I always tell myself--don't force it. If blogging ain't your thing this week, no biggie. Maybe next week it will be. ;)

DL Hammons said...

Take care of yourself and come back when your back to being feeling 100%. We're not going anywhere! :)

Nas said...

Here's to a healthier 2013!

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

Hope you're feeling better soon, Karen! Don't worry about the blogging...we all understand!

Jack said...

I hope you get completely well soon. Those long illnesses are the worst kind to have. And then once they are gone, they sap energy so all one can do is rest. I hope you are back to normal very soon.

Julie Flanders said...

I hope you're feeling better soon, Karen. Take care!

Tonja said...

Sorry I missed this earlier this week. Sick for TWO MONTHS? Take a break. Take some vitamins. Lay in bed and watch TV. Or just sleep.

Michael Di Gesu said...

Hi, Karen,

I hope you FEEL BETTER SOON! Two months is ridiculous!

Michael Di Gesu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Arlee Bird said...

I didn't realize you'd been sick so long. Makes my recent bout seem like nothing. But believe me last week I thought death was knocking at my door. Seems like every year my short bouts with illness get more intense.

If I had a music group and a novel to think about they would certainly take precedent to blogging. Come to think of it I do have a couple of novels I should be working on. What's wrong with me!!!

Anyway, here's to good health and successful endeavors in the year to come!

Lee
Tossing It Out

Patricia Stoltey said...

I'm sorry you've been sick, Karen. So many people have had the flu or norovirus or something worse this winter. I just hope you're a lot better real soon.

Charmaine Clancy said...

Sometimes we just need to recharge.