Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, February 4, 2013

Monday Musings: oops

Oops - I thought I'd written a post for today, but sigh! Not. So here's my Monday musings. Life has gotten way too busy for me. I don't do well when I don't have down time. And I don't have time to exercise. And I don't have time to write. And I don't have time to think. This week, things should calm down a little and I can sort of get back to my normal routine. Today I don't have to be anywhere till 6:30 this evening. The plan is to exercise, then write, then practice, then just see what's what.

How about you? Do you need down time?
Blessings,
Karen

15 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You have the whole day to do what YOU want, Karen.

Yvonnes Poetry Corner said...

Take your time and RELAX Karen.

Yvonne.

Michael Di Gesu said...

Enjoy your time Karen, it is certainly a luxury these days!

Manzanita said...

Karen, I need a lot of down-time but I notice it's getting harder to come by. Why do we pile so much on us?

L.G. Smith said...

Sounds like a plan. And I hear you. I don't like being so busy that I can't get caught up. This weekend was like that for me.

Tracy Moore said...

Enjoy your day Karen. Sounds like you need to get a bit more time for yourself into your days. Hope you can find that soon. Yes, I need down time, which for me includes alone time, and if I can't get it on a regular basis...it's not a pretty sight.

Tonja said...

I was really behind on things last week but had a snow day for my class on Saturday - I worked like a maniac and got everything caught up - I kind of lost the weekend, but it feels good that it's Monday and I'll ahead of schedule. One of my kids is still sick, so I'm taking a down day today to hang out with him.

Karen Walker said...

Alex, and I am enjoying it immensely!
Yvonne, yes, must remember to relax!
Michael, so sad that time for oneself is a luxury.
Manzanita, if I knew the answer, I'd be rich indeed
L.G. Good luck
Tracy, I know, me either
Tonja, hope your child is well soon and things calm down a bit for you
Karen

lbdiamond said...

Oh my. Hope you get some down time soon.

I definitely NEED down time.

Shaharizan Perez said...

I often need some down time right after work to transition from the job to the home or school. I know it gets crazy, believe me, I empathize (family, work, school and illness). But hang in there. We somehow always find a way to make it through the life stuff and get back to writing. :D

Ann Carbine Best said...

I DO have to exercIse. If I don't I start to feel really down. Thanks for dropping by with your uplifting comment. You have a wonderful day RELAXING.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Oops - LOL! I've done that. Glad I didn't do that today.

Karen Walker said...

LB, glad I'm not the only one
Sharahizan, yes, we do,don't we?
Ann, thanks
Diane, yup it's a good thing
Karen

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

It sounds like you could use a day of pampering at a spa. Yeah, I know. I've never done that before, either. So, how about a relaxing soak in the tub, followed by a good old-fashioned nap?

Paul Anthony Shortt said...

Hi Karen, just wanted to let you know I've tagged you in my blog today:

http://paulanthonyshortt.blogspot.ie/2013/02/liebster-award.html

I'm breaking the rules of the Liebster Award, but I figure spreading the word about great people is more important.