Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Friday, March 8, 2013

Bad Blogging Buddy

Oh how I love this blogging community. You are the kindest, most supportive group of people I have never met. And I have been a bad blogging buddy and I am so sorry. I could give a whole boat load of excuses, but I won't bore you. Just know that I care about what all of you are doing, but I just can't manage to visit and comment as much as I used to. There are so many blogfests that look to be so much fun and provide an opportunity to meet many more wonderful bloggers. I just can't do them. I signed up for one more. I will not do the A-Z this year, but will watch from the sidelines the fun and games you guys come up with.

I will host those of you who ask when it comes time to help promote another blogger's book. But other than that, I need to focus on my novel, my family, my health, and whatever wisdom I can come up with for posts right here. I hope you understand.

Blessings,
Karen

15 comments:

Tonja said...

Me too.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I understand. I've tried not to overreach myself with everything that's happening here online.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's all right, Karen! I haven't felt slighted.

Kristi said...

Can I co-sign this post? :)

I've been a bad blogger as of late too, but then again, I have a feeling we all go in spurts...and that's a GOOD thing. Life should be about cycles, and the people you meet along the way will understand that. Or they should.

Enjoy some time off with your writing and family! :)

Optimistic Existentialist said...

We understand...sometimes it's hard to find the time :)

Karen Jones Gowen said...

The larger our reach expands the more difficult it is to keep that personal touch without exploding into a million pieces. Totally understand!!!

L.G. Smith said...

I'm not doing the A to Z this year either. Need to focus on the writing and get it done. In fact, I'm taking April off while everyone else goes mad posting six days a week. :)

Karen Walker said...

Tonya, so nice to know I'm not alone out here.
Diane, it's so easy to overreach, isn't it?
Alex, whew!
Kristi, yes, you can definitely co-sign.
Optimistic, you know, it's not just time. It's energy.
Karen, wise words, my dear.
L.G. now I won't feel so guilty.
Karen

Patricia Stoltey said...

Absolutely, Karen. Our lives ebb and flow with peaceful times snuggled in between the mountains of work and stress we inevitably face. Some members of my family are up to their ears in health issues these days, so my time is limited too. We do what can, and we know our friends will understand.

LD Masterson said...

It's okay. We all have to adjust our schedules from time to time.

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Of course, we understand. I'm skipping the A-Z this year, too, and will probably take the month off from blogging.

Tracy Jo said...

Same here!! I am doing my best but can't seem to keep up, some things have to give and that is okay. I even forgot IWSG this week. We will always be here and I will always read your blog...love your wisdom. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi there to all, how is the whole thing, I think every one is getting more from this web site, and your views are good
for new users.

Here is my blog post :: Sydney

Anonymous said...

I got this web site from my buddy who told me on
the topic of this web page and now this time I am visiting this web site and reading
very informative posts at this place.

Feel free to surf to my website http://beta.localbride.org/blogs/13568/16683/the-key-reason-why-everyone-is-d

DL Hammons said...

Totally understandable!