Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Friday, March 1, 2013

Good health news

Well, I saw my primary care doc on Wednesday regarding the erratic heart beat. First of all, I found out that you shouldn't have anything but water after an acupuncture treatment. Alcohol is a no-no. I only had a quarter cup of wine, but who knew. My primary care doc said if it happens again, I should try to get to an urgent care center and get an ekg while it's happening. If I can't do that, I'll need to get a monitor from a cardiologist so they can determine what kind of problem this is. If it doesn't happen except every few years, I shouldn't worry. Hah! Try telling that to my Jewish genes.

I feel really good, though. The mucus problem seems to be clearing up and my voice is clear. I have good energy and the tingling has abated so I'm not waking up so much at night. Whew! Let's hope this lasts awhile.

How about all of you? Good I hope. Happy weekend, everyone.
Blessings,
Karen

15 comments:

Melissa Bradley said...

Good news! Hope you continue to feel better ad better. :) I got good news from doctor as well. My A1C levels have dropped and I am shaking my tail feathers. LOL

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

Great news, Karen! I had no idea about alcohol and acupuncture. So glad you're better!

Manzanita said...

So glad you now have your mind at ease. Often, it takes an outsider to do that.
Good weekend to you too.

Romance Reader said...

Wow! Karen, I wouldn't have thought that a small amount of wine was dangerous. Keep well my friend and take care of your bealth.

Maria

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen - so pleased things are looking up .. keep the positive improvements up .. cheers Hilary

L. Diane Wolfe said...

At least you have an idea what caused your heart to race.

L.G. Smith said...

No alcohol after acupuncture? Who knew? Glad you got an answer.

Karen Walker said...

Well, none of us are sure that was the cause, but I'm thinking it was. I'd rather think that then there's a heart problem!
karen

jaybird said...

Glad to hear everything is ok.

Have a great weekend Karen!!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Your new slogan - don't acupuncture and drink.
Glad you are feeling better!

Karen Walker said...

Just got home from a singing gig - what a blast! Sorry I missed responding individually, but thanks so much for all the well wishes. I drink so rarely, it's really funny if that is, indeed, what caused my heart to go whacky.
Have a fun weekend, everyone
Karen

Claudia Moser said...

Good news, thank you for keeping us posted!

LD Masterson said...

Glad all is well. Or at least reasonably so. Have a good weekend.

Julie Musil said...

I've never had acupuncture, but I've never heard about the no alcohol thing. I hope you're feeling ok :)

Melissa Ann Goodwin said...

huh. alcohol and acupuncture don't mix - who knew! Glad you are okay - keep an eye on things!