Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, March 4, 2013

Monday Musings: dedication

I am dedicating this month to writing. I am going to make it a priority to work every day on my novel now that the first draft is done. I need to figure out what it still needs and simply do it. I will probably be sporadic on my blog posts and visiting you guys, but I know you'll understand.

Blessings,
Karen

12 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

Wonderful! Good luck, Karen! So excited your draft is finished. We definitely understand about the blog visits!

Jessica Bell said...

Good on you! I'm taking two days off work this week so I can JUST WRITE. :-) Need it!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Go for it - you can finish!

Misha Gericke said...

I'm also dedicating myself to my writing. Entered three challenges to motivate me. :-D

Best of luck!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

This is a good month to do it.

Julie Flanders said...

Good luck, Karen. I hope you have a very happy and productive month. :)

Karen Walker said...

Elizabeth, me, too. Just a bit scared about how to make it what it needs to be
Jessica, yeah you - so needed!
Alex, thanks for cheerleading!
Misha, three, yikes!
Diane, yes, the time feels right
Julie, thank you - me, too
karen

Carol Kilgore said...

Good luck on your novel! All writers understand the importance of actually writing and editing :)

Melissa Ann Goodwin said...

Glad you are working on your book!

DL Hammons said...

Have fun! :)

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

You betcha! Priorities, priorities, priorities. Have fun!

Tracy Moore said...

Definitely understand! Good for you Karen :)