Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, April 29, 2013

Monday Musings: Gratitude

I turned 64 last week. It was a great birthday. Threw myself a birthday bash with great good, good friends and fabulous music to dance to. Friends took me to dinner another night. Hubs yet another night. I had tons of Facebook wishes on my timeline. The phone rang all day with birthday greetings. I am filled with blessings and love and gratitude for the richness of my life.
Blessings,
Karen

14 comments:

Sharon Lippincott said...

More birthday wishes from Pittsburgh! April is a great month for birthdays, and this is a good year for "almost" birthdays, like "almost Medicare age." Or "almost 70" or "almost 40."

Enjoy every poignant minute of your "almost" year, realizing that it does continue to get better when you cross the next line.

YVONNE LEWIS: said...

Pleased you had a good birthday, It's mine next week , did you find as one is getting older the more you don't want birthday's?

Yvonne.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Belated happy birthday!!

Karen Walker said...

Sharon, yes "almost" is how I thought of it and it is getting better all the time.
Yvonne, no, I don't feel that way about birthdays
Diane,thanks
karen

L.G. Smith said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Glad you had a wonderful day. :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Happy birthday late! Did you play the Beatles song?

Karen Walker said...

L.G. thanks so much
Alex, that was the whole reason for the party, but the musician I hired wasn't comfortable playing the song!
karen

Suze said...

Happy Birthday!! Gosh, there are a lot of beautiful people born in April! Both my mom and my mother-in-law just had their birthdays.

Gina Gao said...

Happy belated birthday!

www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

LD Masterson said...

Happy Belated Birthday. I turn 64 next week. Hope my birthday is as good as yours.

Robin said...

Happy birthday. Sounds like a wonderful celebration.

Karen Walker said...

Thank you all so much

Arlee Bird said...

Happy Birthday! If Facebook is good for anything one thing, it's all the birthday wishes that come through it. I was amazed at how many I got. I didn't realize I knew so many people who were still living.

Lee
An A to Z Co-Host
Tossing It Out

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen .. Happy Birthday for next week - I hope the celebrations will go on for a few days yet!

Have a very happy year ahead .. big hugs - Hilary