Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, June 3, 2013

Monday Musings: It's official - I'm losing it!!!

I was sure I had written a post pre-scheduled for today. Nope. I tell you, this aging business is really starting to get to me, although it really does beat the alternative. It was a stressful week due to a pesky health issue I'm trying to wrap my mind around. That caused me to do things like not confirm appointments, scaring an elderly friend unnecessarily that something happened to me. And thinking I've done something when I haven't - like this blog post.

So, my musing for today is that I must stop, ground myself, do some deep breathing, and get myself back to spiritual, physical and emotional center.

How about you? What are you musing about today?
Blessings,
Karen

10 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

It happens! Sometimes our minds just get too full.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I've started writing posts I'd already written before!

Karen Walker said...

Alex, yup
Diane, oh that makes me feel better!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen .. it does happen to many of us .. I know I haven't written a post, and thus have to write it - that's 'stressful' ..

Hope you can balance your life, relax and breathe more easily .. look after yourself - cheers Hilary

Claudia Moser said...

Good advice, I need to think of that too!

Paul Anthony Shortt said...

Hope your health issues aren't too serious.

YVONNE LEWIS: said...

It happens to us all at some tome pr another.

Yvonne.

Anonymous said...

This post will help the internet visitors for setting
up new blog or even a blog from start to end.

my blog post; Feed The Beast

Anonymous said...

You need to be a part of a contest for one of the best blogs on the net.

I most certainly will recommend this blog!

Feel free to visit my homepage: Feed The Beast Collab

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post but I was wanting to know if you
could write a litte more on this topic? I'd be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit more. Thank you!

Feel free to surf to my weblog :: Feed The Beast