Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Friday, July 5, 2013

A big fat thank you

One of the commenters from the IWSG noticed they were my 600th followers. I hadn't realized I was close to that milestone. I am humbled and grateful to all of you who have chosen to follow my blog. I am especially grateful to those of you who keep coming back to hear what I have to say and who also share your thoughts about whatever. This community is so supportive. I have made several close friends, some of whom I've actually had the pleasure to meet in person and some whom I have telephone conversations with on a regular basis and with whom I have become quite close. It is extraordinary to me that I could feel so close to someone I've never met. But we do get to know each other through our blogs, to some degree. And when the connection goes beyond that, i.e. working together in someway, it is a real blessings.

So today I thank each and every one of you for the support and encouragement I always feel when one of you stops by and leaves a few words. I probably should have done a giveaway, but sigh, I didn't think of it in time. So, if I ever get to 1000, watch out!

Blessings,
Karen

17 comments:

Manzanita said...

congrats on the 600 mark. That is a high number. Bloggers do develop a closeness that feels as if you've known the person forever.

YVONNE LEWIS: said...

It's a pleasure to follow you Karen. You are a down to earth person one I can relate to, Here's to the next 600.

Yvonne.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations, Karen! 601 now thanks to Brandon.
We'll probably never meet, but I do consider you a special friend.

Karen Walker said...

Manzanita, it's so odd, isn't it?
Yvonne, I feel the same way.
Alex, you never know!

Rachel Schieffelbein said...

Congratulations! That's awesome!

Jemi Fraser said...

Awesome! 600 is a lot of people you've touched and impacted! :)

Karen Walker said...

Rachel, thanks so much.
Jemi, thanks - it's quite humbling, actually.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen .. congratulations - so pleased for you .. happy weekend - cheers Hilary

Arlee Bird said...

Congratulations on the milestone achievement. And thanks to the followers and especially the readers who keep us motivated to go on.

Lee
A Faraway View

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

It's phenomenal that we can care so much about people we've only met through virtue of an online connection, isn't it? Phenomenal and wonderful.

Congrats on hitting the 601 mark! That's quite a milestone, and one you probably never imagined when you wrote your first blog post. Well, here's to the next 600, Karen! (That's a lot of groupies!)

Karen Walker said...

Hilary, thanks
Arlee, yes, yes yes
Susan, thanks so much

Damyanti said...

Congratulations on hitting the big six! I don't know what I would have done without my visitors...blog interactions are so real for me.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

We've spoken on the phone! And you sound so young.

Karen Walker said...

Damyanti, me either
Diane, yup, we have, and hopefully will again!

Carol Kilgore said...

Congrats on 600, Karen! And I see you're now at 601. Good work.

I agree about the closeness of the blogging community. It's wonderful and amazing.

Happy Weekend!

DL Hammons said...

That's a big deal...and your well on your way to 1000! :)

Congrats!

Susanne Drazic said...

CONGRATS on 600+ followers! Quite a milestone.