Welcome to Following the Whispers blog

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. Hope you enjoy your stay. I blog here whenever I feel the need. This blog was created at the time my memoir came out, in February, 2009. Its motto was: creating a life of inner peace and self-acceptance from the depths of despair. Now, my focus is sharing this journey we call life.

“Only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth, and that is not speaking it.” Naomi Wolf

“We are called human beings, not human doings.” Wes Nisker, Buddhist teacher

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs…(And) if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly.” Theodore Roosevelt

Monday, July 22, 2013

Monday Musings: nothing much to say

I don't know if it's the heat of summer, summer lethargy, writer's block, or just needing a very very long break, but I've got nothing to say. I've noticed that blogging has slowed down a lot, not just here on my blog, so I don't think I'm alone. Summer travels, kids at home (not in my case) and who knows what else. So, if I can't think of a "truth" for tomorrow, I'll catch you all later.
Blessings,
Karen

11 comments:

YVONNE LEWIS: said...

I agree Karen blogging has slowed down, it seems a waste of time writing a post. I APPRECIATE the few regulars who comment, but it didn't always seem to be like this even in the Summer. Perhaps blogging has had it's hay day.

Yvonne.

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

Enjoy your break, Karen!

I've always noticed a slowing down of blogging in the summers...people's erratic schedules, I'm sure.

Mason Canyon said...

Karen, I agree about the summer slow down. Maybe it's just that we're more confined in the winter months and feel the need to connect more.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

It has really slowed down. Since I've also been working on final revisions for my book, it was a good reason to go down to two days a week.

Kristi said...

Glad it isn't just me! This summer's been busy and there's been so much going on that I'm having trouble keeping up. Enjoy your break! :)

Jennifer Shirk said...

Oh yeah, blogging has really slowed down. I guess other social media has picked up?

Karen Walker said...

Yvonne, sigh!
Elizabeth, I think you're right.
Mason, bet that's true as well.
Alex, yeah, for sure
Kristi, thanks
Jennifer, I wouldn't know about other social media

L. Diane Wolfe said...

It does seem quieter, doesn't it? On the plus side, I'm keeping up since there are fewer posts.

LD Masterson said...

Sometimes it's just like that. No worries.

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

And that's the truth! (Pbbbbbt!)

(Didn't ya love Lily Tomlin's Ruthie Ann?)

Julie Flanders said...

I know what you mean. I kind of have the summer doldrums and I think lots of us do. Take care, Karen!